Author Topic: Theater Mode suggestions  (Read 24245 times)

Clownmite

I absolutely love theater mode and how customizable it is, but I have a few suggestions to improve it:

First, it is annoying that you need to double-click to get it to fullscreen, and then press "escape" twice to get back into library view. It would be nice to have a toggle between "theater mode windowed" and "theater mode fullscreen," so that when you launch theater mode it automatically starts in whichever mode you'd like, and you can get back to your library from fullscreen without the intermediate "windowed mode" step.

It would also be nice to say "automatically start theater mode after player has been idle for X seconds/minutes", kind of like the Zune software. This way if someone clicks a playlist or fiddles with a setting, MusicBee could automatically start up the fullscreen mode soon after. Similarly, a series of ticks that go "Return to library after mouse moves X pixels" and "Only return to library on mouse move if theater mode was started automatically" would be nice.

A few more other things:

-Have MusicBee able to ignore any artist pictures too far outside a specified aspect ratio
-Have MusicBee able to ignore any artist pictures below a certain resolution
-Smooth fade from one picture to the next in Gallery view
-Be able to specify some "motion" so that hi-res pictures could slowly pan a little bit from one corner/side to another, or slowly zoom in or out
-Be able to use the "fade" parameter in Gallery view
Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 08:00:39 PM by Clownmite

Alexis

+1 on every suggestion!  :)
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Steven

• Administrator
-Have MusicBee able to ignore any artist pictures too far outside a specified aspect ratio
can anyone give me some examples where the aspect ratio is not good or the resolution too low

Iasc

can anyone give me some examples where the aspect ratio is not good or the resolution too low

i save my own artist pictures to a folder now so it doesn't affect me anymore but here is example of the reason i started choosing my own pictures. first picture is the one music bee chooses and the second the one i picked.

from the requests in the original post the option to start theater mode after a set amount of inactive time would be one that i would like to see implemented.

Steven

• Administrator
just regarding the image sizes, i have put a filter on htbackdrops.com for a minimum width of 1024px
fanart.tv doesnt support such a filter but in my testing i havent seen a picture that wasnt oriented to a computer screen
in quite a few cases it seems last.fm is the only one that has any pictures but unfortunately the quality isnt as good. What i have done is give preference to the pictures having a minimum width of 1024px, but even then in some cases a vertically oriented picture might be the only one available.
You would need to delete any existing low quality artist pictures from C:\Users\<your id>\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\Artwork\ArtistCache
as MusicBee doesnt requery the picture after it is cached

I will also have a look at the other items in this request
Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 01:36:04 PM by Steven

Iasc

on the same subject of theater mode Steven, i just want to ask is it possible to have my own downloaded artist pictures to rotate . if have 3 artist pictures in my folder can i get them rotate, i tried playing around with alexis'"s artist picture clear but couldn't get it to work.

thanks

Steven

• Administrator
this has the following changes:
- fading transition when artist picture in a gallery changes or landscape changes
- dimming/ fading transition when next artist starts playing but for gallery pictures and if a single artist picture is not cached that can take a while sometimes, in which case a loading indicator displays
- improved filtering for larger pictures but with limitations if last.fm is the only source - see post above for instructions to remove existing cached single artist pictures
- right click settings menu on the panel to
  - start the theater mode in full screen
  - enable the screen saver: note that previously the screen saver was enabled from settings in the default.xml file, and although the settings will be loaded from that file the first time, any changes should be made via the right click menu going forward
- support in the skin file to set the window to a fixed size (for grebs recent files)
Code
  <settings fixedWidth="300" fixedHeight="100" />

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_1/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

Greb

- support in the skin file to set the window to a fixed size (for grebs recent files)
Code
  <settings fixedWidth="300" fixedHeight="100" />

I've tryed it. It gives some problems when advancing to the next track.

Alexis

I think this would be a fantastic accomplishment for Theatermode.  I cannot imagine it would be easy to do though.

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=8060.msg46672#new
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Steven

• Administrator
can you describe the problem?
There is a "cross-threading" bug which i found and fixed but i am unclear whether it is the same as what you are refering to as i didnt have any visible problem (although the size of fixed window size is way too small compared to the background image size which is set at 71dpi and my monitor resolution is 96dpi - i guess MB needs to force the picture resolution to 96dpi)

Greb

can you describe the problem?
There is a "cross-threading" bug which i found and fixed but i am unclear whether it is the same as what you are refering to as i didnt have any visible problem (although the size of fixed window size is way too small compared to the background image size which is set at 71dpi and my monitor resolution is 96dpi - i guess MB needs to force the picture resolution to 96dpi)

When using a theater mode with fixed size, something like:

<settings fixedWidth="590" fixedHeight="820" />

It can't advance to the next tracked, no matter you advance manually or it just reachs the end of the tracks. It stops, and no way to make it play unless you exit from the theater mode [it doesn't crash any moment. It just doesn't work until you get out of the theater mode].

Steven

• Administrator
its probably the bug i have now fixed.
Also i think i need to improve the handling for the fixed width/height as it doesnt work as i expected with your files

Steven

• Administrator

redwing

hopefully this fixes the incorrect sizing handling and the next track issue

It's working well with Greb's works. No need for Sizer anymore, and now I can move the window to any place I want. Thanks!