Author Topic: Library explorer improvements  (Read 4141 times)

Xyzzy

- Multiple categories handling should be improved - either add chevron menu or (my preference) make categories root nodes of the tree
- Allow for categories related to file metadata (fe. bitrate).
- Tie separate 'Sort by' setting to each category
- Allow displaying number of child nodes/element after name of a parent node.
- This hasn't been working just before a moment... strange -> Ability to transfer contents of a selected node to main panel (not Now Playing) - fe single click - to main panel, double click - to Now Playing
- Tracks are added to the tree when they should not - Fe. I define Category=Artist and Sort by=Album. Under Album node there are tracks displayed. It is not expected, Sort by should be Album/Track for this.
Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 08:05:00 PM by Xyzzy

Xyzzy

Just for reference:

Functionality of Foobar2000's Library Tree (minus playlist stuff) is what I seek: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=68552

VX

- Multiple categories handling should be improved - either add chevron menu or (my preference) make categories root nodes of the tree
- Allow for categories related to file metadata (fe. bitrate).
- Tie separate 'Sort by' setting to each category
- Allow displaying number of child nodes/element after name of a parent node.
- This hasn't been working just before a moment... strange -> Ability to transfer contents of a selected node to main panel (not Now Playing) - fe single click - to main panel, double click - to Now Playing
- Tracks are added to the tree when they should not - Fe. I define Category=Artist and Sort by=Album. Under Album node there are tracks displayed. It is not expected, Sort by should be Album/Track for this.

Sounds quite interesting. The abovementioned plugin seems abandoned though.
+1 anyway