Author Topic: Permanent pop up for rating  (Read 5357 times)

Greb

If you're doing anything in your laptop while you're listening to music, it's possible that sometimes you'd like to rate some song you like in order to 'mark' it for further listenings. That case you have to change to MB, rate the song, and change back to the app you're using.

How about a small permanent window on the top? As small as possible, so it doesn't bother in whatever you're doing, where you can quickly rate the song without changing to MB app.

Something like this:

Zak

• Global Moderator
You could assign global hotkeys to the "Rate Now Playing" commands to avoid having to switch to MB.
Bee excellent to each other...

paq

I like the idea, but I also thinks it suits better as a plug-in.

If you use Windows 7 you can also quickly rate a song by hoovering over the MB icon in the taskbar, and then click buttons which raises/lowers the rating. The buttons can be included from Preferences > Layout > Player Controls Panel > Taskbar Player.

Steven

• Administrator
paq you beat me too it! Hopefully a developer reading this will be interested. It should be possible with the existing API

Greb

I like the idea, but I also thinks it suits better as a plug-in.

If you use Windows 7 you can also quickly rate a song by hoovering over the MB icon in the taskbar, and then click buttons which raises/lowers the rating. The buttons can be included from Preferences > Layout > Player Controls Panel > Taskbar Player.

Good point. The problem with it is that, any case, you must change to MB to know which is the current rating, so you can decide if you want to increase, decrease or to let the same value.

lnminente

2) A bitmap customizable mini player would be veeery nice and would let us do this :)

Greb

2) A bitmap customizable mini player would be veeery nice and would let us do this :)

Yeap, good point, some kind of very small miniplayer always on top, that allows to choose what to place there (play pause button, forward, time, title, rating).

ma_t14

Another idea is to implement a customizable interval for the pop-up that appears when a song changes.

e.g. 2s ,  5s, 10s,  "Until track changes"

Greb

Another idea is to implement a customizable interval for the pop-up that appears when a song changes.
e.g. 2s ,  5s, 10s,  "Until track changes"

Problem with that is that you could want to rate the song during it...

Something like that:

ma_t14

Problem with that is that you could want to rate the song during it...

Sorry I thought you could do that  :-\

joejoe