I have implemented a plugin that shows recommended artists and tracks similar to the current playing track in the Track and Artist panel. You can perform a number of actions such as finding tracks by each artist in your library, opening the last.fm web page, queueing/playing the similar tracks if they are in your library, etc. You do not need to have a last.fm account to use this plugin.
Its inspired by the Last.fm Playing Track Data
website link done by Thorbjorn.
You can click on an artist or a track, with the default or override action set from the right click context menu.
For artists the actions can be:
- open the last.fm artist web page
- find the tracks for that artist in your library (note that the displayed track count includes inbox files, which dont appear in the library filter)
- find the tracks for similar artists to the one clicked
- if you click using the middle mouse button, then a tab with the artist tracks in your library will be opened irrespective of the settings
For tracks the actions can be:
- as above for the track artist
- open the last.fm track web page
- if MB matches the track to one in your library:
- play now (it actually queues the track next and plays immediately so as not to destroy your now playing list)
- queue next
- queue last/ randomInstallation
for MusicBee 3.0+:
- unzip the plugin: https://getmusicbee.com/download/plugins/mb_LastFmRecommendationsPlugin.zip
- copy the files to the Plugins sub-folder of MusicBee