Author Topic: Czech Translation  (Read 37632 times)

GVG

Hi,

I`d like to translate app to Czech, but requiered files not exist on server. So, how can I start? :)

jistme

The link for the translator file is in the last post of this topic:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=5823.0

good luck!

Roadrunner

Welcome GVG!

The link mentioned by jistme includes updates only. If you start at the very beginning you should first use the link and information in this topic:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3258.0

Steven

• Administrator
hi GVG, suggest you contact "Darth Daron" as he/she might be translating a czech localisation

GVG

Thank you all, I will take a look on file.
As for translation, I try to contact with him.
Thanks guys...

BTW, one more thing - once ready, is there any guide, how to test and how to handle with updated files?

GVG

Hi,

I finished translation of MB, exactly said, version 2.0.4663. Now, I see, that 2.1.4720 exist, so, how to update translation? Just simply add "new2.1.txt" file content at the end of original translated file? Or need some procedure to adopt latest strings?

Thanks for reply.

Steven

• Administrator
it would be the same as whatever you did when you added new.txt to the old base file - just append the new file to the end of your translation file.
Keep in mind i will keep adding to the new2.1 file

GVG

Dear Steven,

I finished updating of latest 2.1.4733 Czech file and started testing. But to say true, I am wondering how many untranslated strings is still there. It is really impossible to track ALL occourences - only you as program author can know, what you used where. As example - I only checked domands from File menu and found 16 problems (just in File menu). And when I check another things, there is really lot of work to do. But reporting of all will take very very lot of time and work. Can you let me know, how to proceed? Or I missed to add some strings? I used your full English file and apped strings from new2.1.txt file, which I added at the end of original file.

Steven

• Administrator
i would guess you have only added the new localisations for MusicBee 2.1
The file for MusicBee 2.0 is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3cz78o2urvdqu38

however if you did miss that file, it would be best to insert it before the MusicBee 2.1 text as a couple of fields were changed in 2.1

GVG

Thank you, will look it and let you know then.
Thank you again.

Pako

FYI.
I received an unfinished Czech.lng file from GVG.
He is too busy to work on it.
At this moment, even I do not have time, but soon I'll start working on Czech localization.

Pako

Steven

• Administrator
thanks Pako - do you think the file as it is now is suitable to be included with the release package?
I anticipate the stable version would be made available in about 3 weeks time

Pako

thanks Pako - do you think the file as it is now is suitable to be included with the release package?
I anticipate the stable version would be made available in about 3 weeks time
That would be nice, but I think it would be better if we do not hurry with it.
According to the GVG, the state of the translation corresponds to the version 2.1.4733.
At first glance, it looks good, but I suppose I'll have to make some corrections.
I suppose I'll work on it during the months of July and August.

BTW, how to solve problems with the length of the string like this:

I am searching for an answer to this, but I found nothing.

Thanks, Pako

Steven

• Administrator
see the first line in the translation file - it provides a mechanism to widen the dialog boxes.
i know the russian translation makes use of this feature

boroda