Author Topic: Option to save two artwork sources per album  (Read 12316 times)

Steven

• Administrator
to disable folder.jpg, there is a preference in the Tag/ Artwork preferences

it might be best to choose one file to see the behaviour. If you have a cover.jpg it should have been linked to the music file but i think in the older versions of MB, cover.jpg would be linked as a secondary picture if you had an embedded picture or folder.jpg (in this version it will link it in the primary picture).
My suggestion would be to rescan the folder where the file is located (right click on the folder in the computer section) and see if the artwork is linked how you want ie. the cover.jpg is linked as the primary picture.
For the primary picture the order of precedence for which image is displayed:
- linked file (if there is one)
- folder.jpg (unless disabled in the preferences)
- embedded pictures

Steven

• Administrator
actually looking at the code, if your embedded picture is not exactly the same as the cover.jpg, it would still add cover.jpg as a secondary picture. I'll change that

Jorgen

ok, that's why I didn't get it to work.

Which options in "Preferences - Tags - Artwork storage" should I select if I want to display the cover.jpg while playing(primary picture ?) in the MB but not embed it into my files ?

Steven

• Administrator
that artwork handling preferences are to do with how artwork is stored when saving new pictures.
the player will just use whatever artwork is embedded or linked at the time of playback, and if no artwork is embedded or linked it will do a search using the precedence described above.
I think you will need to rescan your files to get the behaviour you want, but i need to make a small change first.

Steven

• Administrator
could you try this one:
http://www.mediafire.com/?qumyaii2m2n

i suggest, firstly disable folder.jpg from the artwork preferences, and tick and set Cover.jpg as the organised artwork preference.
Then just choose one folder from the computer section, right click and rescan the files then check the behaviour for one of those files is as expected.
It should now:
- put linked images first in the artwork list ie. first one is the primary picture
- if it exactly matches the embeded image (which it doesnt in your case), they will be merged so you will see one picture (but marked as being saved to both places)
- if disabled from preferences, folder.jpg will be ignored
- otherwise if folder.jpg exactly matches existing picture, merged otherwise added to end of artwork list

Jorgen

Not sure what you mean by "set Cover.jpg as the organised artwork preference" but I unticked everything in Preferences - Tags - Artwork storage and put in "Cover" in the text field at the bottom.

I rescanned a few album folders and it seems like its working.

If I look at the Artwork tab I can see 2 album covers, which should be the linked and embedded, but if I click the pictures it always opens up the linked file, not the embedded.

Steven

• Administrator
if you click 'Save To' on the first picture does it show the location as 'cover.jpg'
and click 'Save To' on the 2nd picture it has 'embed in file' only ticked?

i recommend you change 'Cover' to 'Cover.jpg' and that way any new artwork you import will be converted to jpg format

Steven

• Administrator
the only thing i am confused about is why you believe the 2 pictures are both opening the linked file - for the 2nd picture it probably shows the organised path cover.jpg as an option to tick but it shouldnt be ticked

Jorgen

the size of the linked album art (cover.jpg) is usually around 1000x1000 and the embedded is always 300x300, so it's easy to see the difference in quality.

The thumbnails are showing the correct pictures, but if you click them the linked cover.jpg will always be opened.

john6555

in the version above, if you put .jpg on the end of the template it will convert to .jpg
eg.
Cover.jpg
will convert png files to jpeg
great, thanks for working on this functionality!

john6555

is it possible to have musicbee move the custom-named artwork along with the rest of the album when it changes location? (similar to how folder.jpg follows the album files)

EDIT: maybe that was a fluke... it seems to work just as i described above now.
Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 06:48:38 AM by john6555

Steven

• Administrator
i was going to check it out tonight as i thought it should already be working. I guess in the case it didnt work, the artwork wasnt linked.