Author Topic: BPM Detection  (Read 25242 times)

john6555

Subject says it all... this would probably be a challenge to implement but very cool !
Here's one library I know of that could possibly be free to MB since it is a freeware app...
http://adionsoft.net/bpm/

Steven

• Administrator
the library i use has BPM detection capabilities with variable success i gather (depends on the type of music) - so it should be possible for a later date

john6555

I noticed also that right now you can display BPM as a column in the main window without a problem (obviously if the file has been tagged with BPM previously) - but when you open the tag editor and looks at 'Tags (2)' the bpm always shows as 0.

Debby747

A native solution would be unbelievably cool!

I have found only one program which should be able to analyse flac files, but it didn't work for me
(so I've forgotten its name).

Up until now I analyse my mp3 copies with MixMeister's BPM Analyser and use mp3tag to export the bpm fields
and import them into my WavPacks.
It's easy and fast to do.

If MusicBee could analyse and tag all files it can read and play with bpm info... this would be another unique killer feature!

bugmenot

Any news from BPM analyse ? I cant see that option  ;D

Endemoniada

For me this would be a major advance.

It's one of really only two functions I still use Foobar for.

Blinghound

+1

This would be unbelievably helpful to me! It would also open up possibilities of bpm based playlists for less experienced users that don't know how to do this using other programs.

A couple of other nice features would be:

- being able to half/double the estimated bpm easily without retyping it in
- a manual bpm calculator using a button to tap

Steven

• Administrator
there is a BPM function in a BASS library plugin but i gather its not that great (like a lot of BPM detectors from what i gather)

lnminente

For the manual tap you can load this web in musicbee address bar:  http://www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm

By the way i miss adding bookmarks to the browser panel (left panel)

wisdomtooth

A BPM Auto DJ would be ultra cool!
Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 02:54:39 AM by wisdomtooth

wisdomtooth

Almost there. Got MixMeister to calculate the BPM (there's an earlier freeware version out there) and the created the Virtual tag:

.BPM = $If(<BPM><100,0$Left(<BPM>,1),$Left(<BPM>,2))0           (the leading 0 allows proper sorting)

But... tried restricting Auto-DJ to ".BPM is [playing track]", to no avail. What gives?

Obviously a cooler version would be an Auto-DJ checkbox that weighs in the BPM of the songs when choosing similar artists/tracks, the same way the user can already do with genres.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Almost there. Got MixMeister to calculate the BPM (there's an earlier freeware version out there) and the created the Virtual tag:

.BPM = $If(<BPM><100,0$Left(<BPM>,1),$Left(<BPM>,2))0           (the leading 0 allows proper sorting)

But... tried restricting Auto-DJ to ".BPM is [playing track]", to no avail. What gives?

Obviously a cooler version would be an Auto-DJ checkbox that weighs in the BPM of the songs when choosing similar artists/tracks, the same way the user can already do with genres.

I can't help with the auto-dj issue, but you can just do $Pad(<BPM>,3) to get a three-digit sortable bpm.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

offtheleft

I'm going to go ahead and gravedig/bump this topic (I know, I'm sorry). MusicBee would be incredible with BPM detection capabilities. If not, at least some sort of tap-for-tempo plugin (similar to  http://www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm ).

joaozittoo

I am using Foobar2000 and a plug-in to analyzer automatic BPM.