Author Topic: SKBee  (Read 36878 times)

lnminente

(Is a general setting Edit\Preferences\Layout\Main player, you might be interested in "enlarge progress bar height" and "flat layout")

Alexis

can you tell me where I can change progress bar to be FATTER and shorter in your skin

http://s14.postimage.org/6g7884vap/Untitled.jpg

thanks

Thank you for your interest. Other than the suggestion mentioned above, as far as I know, you would have to pretty much re-do the design of that area for something else.
You can experiment with it and let me see what you come up with.  The source files have been provided.  Basically you would have to create a larger space for the progress bar and create an image at the size you would want.
Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 01:30:48 PM by Alexis
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

mekonca

Happy New Year

thank you for reply. Fatter option  is not fat enough :(

I know nothing about skinning. Have questions.
Progress bar I guess has element id "Player.ProgressBar" and has some color option in SKBee Base.xml file, but its not repeated again in base64 part of the file, so where do I have to look for setting it to be FATTER and SHORTER? any help, advice, because skining tutorials doesnt even cover the basics.
when I try to decode base 64 code with online decoder all I get is some question marks and words PNG and Paint.NET, etc

reason to do this: I have to fast prelisten a lot of tracks in a week and its hard to click on that small space so many times, and it has to be shorter because it will be easier not to move across the whole screen. And your skin is great because its grey-beautiful and has progress bar on bottom of the screen(my windows task bar is vertical on the left so its literally on bottom of my screen).
Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 09:35:11 PM by mekonca

Alexis

I should tell you that I am relatively new to skinning and this is far outside the realms of my current work.  Because I have not messed with this in a while it is not fresh to me, but here are some steps I can give you, though they may seem feeble..

In the resource file, you would be interested in the images in SKBee/Images
Related to the progress bar are: ProgressBarButton ProgressBarFill and ProgressBar
... You will notice that the height of those are all x5.
You can create your own using an editor like paint.net, save them back to that folder replacing the relevant image that is there.

If you want to tweak layout features of the  existing progressbar etc, go into the skin.xml file and make tweaks with regards to progressbar and related aspects of it.

The base64 is used for the items in the resources folder and it is not necessary with regards to the images in the IMAGE folder (AFAIK anyway)

I would tell you to try messing around with other skins that may have a similar setup  to what you are looking for and gather ideas from them

Another thing I would ask is... can you show me what you are thinking about with regards to shorter?  Would this mean leaving part of the area designated for the progress bar as Blank?

If I understand what you are looking for, when things slow down on my end, I may try to look into what you are suggesting if you have not done so already.  But please feel free to alert me when you have arrived at some form of skin.

mekonca

thanks for guidelines

I DID IT :D
its not beautiful but its exactly what I wanted  http://www.mediafire.com/?4y8bv6sar1ypo6q

If someone want to be "beautiful" hight of the buttons should be 13(change it in paint) and  in skin.xml file:
<left relativeTo="Panel.Left" offset="195" />
  <top relativeTo="Panel.Bottom" offset="-13" />   mine is -19
  <right relativeTo="Panel.Right" offset="-790" />

THANK YOU for that skincreator program I couldnt make it without it. It was 5minutes job.
I think your skin is the only one with progress bar on bottom of the screen, its extremely important because its easy to control mouse there for long periods 

Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 08:42:27 PM by mekonca

Alexis

wow, you have done well.  I would encourage you to re-do the images so they stretch with better quality,  center the progress bar and make it maybe a shade shorter(in height) so it does not overlap the playing track text.  I am really pleased to see you do it YOUR way.

Oh, seems like the progressbar seems to go a tad left to the backdrop.

You can also start a new thread with your skin.

mekonca

Well its not my skin its all yours :)

For overlapping- I said it should be -13 and it would be great...for me I dont mind if its overlap a little
someday I will make in high resolution images :)

Progress bar isnt in the center because I will always have to move some tracks in some playlists so progress bar is just below not need to go to center and its short so I dont need to move a lot when fast prelistening. Its in the beginning of the song title at least.

When I make high resolution images I will make new thread , because it was meant for DJs who had to prelisten and make playlists a LOT for many hours, and your skin is dark, so it doesnt heart the eyes after long period.

Alexis

No problem.  I look forward to what else you may decide to do.

Here is another version of this skin, but it may be too bright for you:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=7393.0

mekonca

not related to musicbee - about brightness this is what I use on my laptop http://stereopsis.com/flux/

Alexis

Thanks.

ryphez

Hey guys, great work on the skin! I have spent the last hour trying to get the embedded theater file to work but can't figure out how to use it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

redwing

Hey guys, great work on the skin! I have spent the last hour trying to get the embedded theater file to work but can't figure out how to use it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This is not the right place for such question (next time use "General" board). Anyway consult wiki page or instructions on individual posts:

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Theater_Mode
Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 05:52:18 AM by redwing

Alexis

Thank you.

You will first need MusicBee 2.1.4733 Beta

You can find it here:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=8111.0

Alexis

This is not the right place for such question (next time use "General" board). Anyway consult wiki page or instructions on individual posts:

I think in this case it is the right place to ask such a question.  It was my fault for not having the instructions by the installation file as I have done now.

redwing

I think in this case it is the right place to ask such a question.  It was my fault for not having the instructions by the installation file as I have done now.

My sincere apologies to both of you, ryphez & Alexis. I didn't know Alexis' embedded theater view file was being posted here until reading Alexis' reply, just thinking it as a general question about embedded theater views. Of course, this is the right place for the question.