Author Topic: availability of my skins  (Read 8745 times)

jistme

My skins are currently downloadable from the given links at SpiderOak.
For the foreseeable future I am not sure I will be maintaining them for 'public interest', or will be monitoring that they will remain available for downloading from those links.

So if anybody thinks it worth to download them and place them in some kind of other repository to assure some availability, please feel free to do so.
No hurries though, I'll keep an eye on it for a little while longer.

(the same goes for my screensavers and genres/sub-genres lists proposal)

VX

Some time ago I suggested to create a common repository where all the skins and icons for MB could be stored.
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=7386.0

The idea was inspired by your skin repository BTW  :)

I think it would be very useful in such cases:
This solution has many advantages:
- all skins available in one place;
- various sorting options available: you can sort skins by Name, Date Created, Size and Number of Downloads (we could have some statistics and find out sth about user preferences ;D);
- you can filter files in the skin repository;
- you can create subfolders just like in MB Skin subfolder to group skins with fixed criteria;
- new and updated skins would be much easier to find in one place (you wouldn't have to digging through various forum posts to update your skin collection);
- it could be used for the skin autoupdate service in future releases of MusicBee  8)
- and many more not mentioned here  ;D

Skins Wiki page could also be useful in this case:
http://musicbee.pbworks.com/w/page/52878103/Skins

However, as we are getting closer to MusicBee 2.1 Final the easiest way to store finished skins (providing all are updated with the latest skin elements available for the new MB version) would be to include the skins to MusicBee final installer.

As far as I can remember some new skins were included to the MB installer with every final version. That would be very convenient for new users who install MB for the first time to discover the power of customization MB has to offer.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I agree, the pbworks page is a good place to securely store stuff.  Higher security than the wikia site.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If you would package all your skins in one zip file, I will make sure it gets archived at pbworks.  Thanks!
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

jistme

If you would package all your skins in one zip file, I will make sure it gets archived at pbworks.  Thanks!

Thanks scampbll.
Here it is:  download all skins

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)