Author Topic: Has the bottom panel been removed?  (Read 4291 times)

sambice

I just noticed I no longer have, or seem to be able to find any way to reactivate the 'bottom panel'?

Was it removed, have I broken something along the way when updating, or am I just being blind and not seeing the option that I need to find to get it back?

p.s. Using the final 2.0 Beta (2.0.4628)

sambice

OK, that's embarrassing. After looking for ages, as soon as I posted I found it ... of course.

I must have dragged it all the way down at some stage, and because the arrow was not there to 'restore' it, didn't even think of it being slid away and dived into settings. After a tinker I just discovered that when you drag it all the way down, the icon to restore it also disappears. Which is great for a cleaner look, tricky if you don't realise it's actually still there.

Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 02:09:52 AM by sambice

Zak

• Global Moderator
OK, that's embarrassing. After looking for ages, as soon as I posted I found it ... of course.

I must have dragged it all the way down at some stage
Don't be embarrassed. I would actually consider that a bug. The arrow should be displayed if the panel is hidden this way.
Bee excellent to each other...

funks

Ok - I'm having the same problem and feel like an idiot -- how did you get your bottom pane back?

It's there on other tabs (playlists, etc.) but not on the main Music library tab -- can't seem to drag it back up or find a fix in preferences?

Any help appreciated as I'm going a bit nuts trying to figure this out!

sambice

It was a long time ago, funks, I think from memory it was a pixel hunt on the bottom to find exactly the right spot to drag it up... But that was many versions ago...

funks

Now obsessing on this topic a bit, I notice on my Now Playing tab where the bottom panel is showing that when dragging and hiding it below, there is a slightly wider border which can be dragged back up -- however on my main Music Library tab, it's a thin border that cannot be moved and no arrow appears when pointing the cursor to it...

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You should be able to turn it on using the Configure Layout menu in the toolbar.  Look for Playing Track Panel option and choose "show in bottom pane".
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

funks