Author Topic: Lyrics Scrolling (Non Synced) and Batch Gathering  (Read 6786 times)

ihavnoclue

Hello,

I recently switched from Songbird to MusicBee and love it! It's a great program.
However there are only two features I miss.
The first and simpler one:
I think it would be great if the lyrics scrolled as the song plays. I know this is implemented with synchronized lyrics, but none of my songs have these.
Instead I propose something similar to how MLyrics for Songbird handles this. It waits until a bit (I think 10%) of the song has finished playing and then begins slowly scrolling down in time with the music by knowing song length and basing the scrolling speed off of this.

Another great feature I enjoyed in MLyrics was batch gathering of lyrics. I would select a group of songs and it would search for lyrics for all of them from many sites. This feature is very cool, but I doubt you have the time to implement it and I don't consider it as necessary. (Right now I just add the lyrics in Songbird then come back to MusicBee to enjoy my music.)

Thank you for making an awesome program!

Iasc

you can batch add lyrics with music bee. go to tools, taging tools, show tracks with missing lyrics, select all, right click, autotag by track, update missing lyrics.

ihavnoclue

Oh wow thank you! I did not see that before.

I don't think the scrolling exists though.

Iasc

it doesn't have scrolling, but mini lyrics will work with music bee if you download the plugin. it can be set up to automatically download synchronised lyrics of tracks you play in music bee to a folder or embed them in the music file for or both so that synchronised lyrics will play in music bee itself.

Steven

• Administrator
musicbee automatically scrolls for synchronised lyrics. I dont understand how that could be done for unsynchronised lyrics

ma_t14

musicbee automatically scrolls for synchronised lyrics. I dont understand how that could be done for unsynchronised lyrics

Minilyrics has this feature for unsynced lyrics. My guess is that based on the track length it calculates the speed at which the lyrics will scroll. A more sophisticated algorithm would have voice recognition (sounds awesome now that I think about it 8) )

It is to be expected that that the first way would be highly inaccurate in many cases (prog rock songs come to mind  ::) )