Author Topic: Last.fm Stats  (Read 78246 times)

Steven

• Administrator
I have created a plugin that displays playcount statistics from last.fm (similar to the foo_silk plugin). When installed the plugin creates a new tab in the "Playing Track" panel (viewable via the Now Playing node or as a separate tab configured via the Panel Layout button by the search box). It works with MusicBee 2 or above

it can show the top 20/50/100 playcounts over 12 Months; 6 Months; 3 Months; 1 Month; 1 Week for your:
- albums
- artists
- tracks
right click on the panel to change the settings

Installation
for MusicBee version 3.0+:
unzip the plugin: https://getmusicbee.com/download/plugins/mb_LastFmStatsPlugin.zip
- copy the files to the Plugins sub-folder of MusicBee
Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 02:37:19 AM by Steven

beeing good

Excellent, thanks so much Steven, looks really good.

SimonBRT

very nice, thanks very much as always steven.  works perfectly.

dgbx

Very cool plugin.  Thanks Steven.

One thing I've noticed.  I usually have 5 tabs open; Music, Playing Track, Visualizer, Now Playing, and Inbox.  If I click on the new tab "Last.fm Stats" in Now Playing, works great.  When I switch to the Playing Track tab, where the new "Last.fm Stats" tab is also visible, when I click on the "Last.fm Stats" tab, the panel remains blank.

Is this something in my setup?

Anyway, small thing as this new plugin rocks!

Steven

• Administrator
Is this something in my setup?
if i understand the issue correctly this should fix it:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

the plugin link in the first post is updated.
You can now configure the period in each columns as:
Overall; 12 Months; 6 Months; 3 Months; 1 Month; 1 Week

Also it appears last.fm has changed the api slightly for personal image sizes, so the plugin has been changed to accomodate that
Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 09:28:51 AM by Steven

ma_t14

I found a bug.

If you set it to show 50 or 100 items a number of items in the end is not shown and you cant scroll down to see them

Steven

• Administrator
If you set it to show 50 or 100 items a number of items in the end is not shown and you cant scroll down to see them
the link in the first post has been updated to fix that

dgbx

Thanks Steven.  The plugin now works perfectly with both the Playing Track tab and the Now Playing tab.  Plus the adjustable time periods for the three columns is a nice addition.

Steven

• Administrator
The plugin has been updated so you can now configure it to show 2-4 columns, and each column can now be set to show a specific data type
eg. column 1 shows Overall Artist; column 2 shows Overall Album; columns 3&4 hidden

see the first post for the updated plugin link

Maleko12

Hello, a minor bug.

When you first un-hide the 4th column, the 4th column appears with no information. However, when you change the duration (Overall, 12 Months, etc.), it shows everything as expected.

EDIT: Actually, it only happens when the 4th column has "1 Month Top Tracks" enabled. Nothing shows.

Steven

• Administrator
strange - its only top tracks over 1month that has the problem as far as i can see, and its last.fm itself which is returning no data so nothing i can do about it

Maleko12

Ah OK. Just wanted to make sure it could be reproduced.

Lightblur

Sorry guys but my Musicbee crashes when I start it if I put those two files in my plugin folder.. =( if I remove them then it works again..what can I do? I have windows 7 x64.. my Musicbee version is 2.0.4497
Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 04:52:18 PM by Lightblur