Author Topic: Background lines?  (Read 11702 times)

beeing good

Can someone tell me which parameter I need to change to get the lines the same colour?

Alexis

If you are referring to getting rid of the rows having different colors,  I think try  these entries:

<element id="Content[TrackDetail].ListAlternating.

For eg, for the MurDusk thing I tried, these are the  settings, focus of course being on the bg :

<element id="Content[TrackDetail].ListAlternating.Default" bg="40,38,40" fg="200,200,200" />
   <element id="Content[TrackDetail].ListAlternating.Disabled" bg="40,38,40" fg="110,110,110" />
Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 01:46:06 AM by C. Alexis
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
If you are referring to getting rid of the rows having different colors,  I think try  these entries:

You have to match those with these entries:

<element id="Content[TrackDetail].Body.Default"
<element id="Content[TrackDetail].Body.Disabled"

For eg:

<element id="Content[TrackDetail].Body.Default" bg="248,250,245" fg="151,136,87" bdr="250,252,248" />
<element id="Content[TrackDetail].Body.Disabled" bg="248,250,245" fg="204,195,156" />

matches with

<element id="Content[TrackDetail].ListAlternating.Default" bg="248,250,245" fg="151,136,87" bdr="250,252,248" />
<element id="Content[TrackDetail].ListAlternating.Disabled" bg="248,250,245" fg="204,195,156" />

:)
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

beeing good

Thanks to both of you, got it to work  8)

lnminente

Dummy skin is for answering these kind of questions

beeing good

lnminente, I don't/can't use that, I tried a few times but I never understood what I was supposed to be doing. I just edit them in wordpad.

SimonBRT

lnminente, I don't/can't use that, I tried a few times but I never understood what I was supposed to be doing. I just edit them in wordpad.

I have to say i do recommend spending 10 mins learning to use the dummy skin.  If you need help using it just ask here but i think the dummy skin thread is also pretty helpful.  For me, once I started using it, it made skinning much much easier.

beeing good

I just realised that the dummy skin isn't what I was thinking of when I said I found it hard to use, I was thinking of the editor to do xmlc skins. This looks very easy and I didn't know that it existed. Thanks lnminente  for providing such a great tool.

I wish we could get a better system of getting skins and how to edit them, loads of links to skins are broken in this forum and the skinning guides are buried. Maybe we should get them all on deviantart or something? If I knew how to do a wiki I would start one to compile all the skinning information.

Alexis

I am sure others reading would find a link helpful in the discussion.

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=6113.0

Steven

• Administrator
also see RotemK's skinning guides:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?board=21.0

i certainly wont have time to document anything more and the information will only improve if people take the initiative themselves to document their experiences with this

beeing good

I wasn't suggesting that it's something you should do Steven, it should be something we can do quite easily.

Alexis

I wish we could get a better system of getting skins and how to edit them, loads of links to skins are broken in this forum and the skinning guides are buried. Maybe we should get them all on deviantart or something? If I knew how to do a wiki I would start one to compile all the skinning information.

Hi,
Any thought to  maybe putting a little what you can gather about skins over here on the unofficial wiki?

I have been trying to participate, though very slowly.. but as Silasje1 indicates there.. even a tiny bit helps a lot.. so I am trying to take that to heart.

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=6304.0

This has the guidelines:
http://musicbee.pbworks.com/w/page/54712989/Guidelines%20for%20wiki%20contributors

beeing good

That's a great idea C. Alexis, I think I will try to get involved. Can the wiki host files? The problem with linking to mediafire etc is that the links don't seem to last very long, having one page where you can see screenshots for all the skins and download it would be ideal.

Alexis

Very happy to hear....The site hosts the screenshots, so you upload directly to it.  You do not need a third party as  far as i know.