Author Topic: A revamp of the "Now Playing".  (Read 26662 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
remind me how you think that would work - all pictures in the music folder?

no, just for the playing album.

if you right click on the album art

you can already manually cycle thru any embedded/linked artwork.

I was hoping that could be automated to a slideshow, either in small artwork as is, or preferably in a larger artwork view
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Spiron

One thing that I think would work well is to have the right panel as JUST a dedicated lyrics panel without all the track details/Album art WHILE in the now playing.  This solves a number of problems as it means that:
 A) track details/Album art isn't unnecessarily duplicated in the Now Playing view;
 B) The lyrics have somewhere concrete to go rather than being awkwardly placed in revamp mockups; which also leads to
 C) it partially solves the lyrics scrolling and space problem that MusicBee currently has: if you have the lyrics in the bottom-panel then they are most often both in a cramped space and you would have to scroll to get all the lyrics of a normal length song, if you have them in the right-panel then they have to share the space the the track details/album art box, which can't be removed without removing it from the right-panel totally (which can be inconvenient when if other parts of the MusicBee UI), which thus ALSO give the scrolling dilemma.   It only partially solves this problem though because lengthy songs (I'm talking American Pie length) will almost always need to be scrolled.

Steven

• Administrator
i have added support in the album picture that is displayed to rotate any embeded pictures. I am considering also including that in the artwork that displays in the right sidebar (the rotation only happens while the song is playing, and rotates every 20 seconds so it shouldnt be distracting)

Also i have added support for displaying a wavebar in the Now Playing panel (top or bottom) but for now not in the player controls panel.

Steven

• Administrator
i've added a Wave Bar configuration option to the Now Playing panel (displays at the top or bottom)
Also the Playing Track tab has been tweaked and improved - i think it looks quite good now and should handle most tab proportions well (except of course if the tab is very long and very narrow).
Lastly if you music file has muliple pictures embeded, each picture is displayed in a 30 second rotation period

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_1/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip
Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 08:42:23 PM by Steven

jistme

That's great and looking very nice indeed!

Let's wait how long it takes for a skinner requesting color elements for the wave....
(ah, no more waiting ;-)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P

Lastly if you music file has muliple pictures embeded, each picture is displayed in a 30 second rotation period

big "thank you" for implementing this! I've linked some pics of tour posters I have with my 'live' albums so they display as well.
Love it!!!! 8)
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

paq

Is it possible to turn this off? For me it's a distraction because...
* I have MusicBee maximized on a secondary monitor so it's always in my peripheral vision.
* I have lots of music files where I haven't organized/"cleaned up" the embedded artwork.
So, every 30 seconds when a large picture in my peripheral sight changes, it catches my attention. This makes it a little bit distracting (human eyes are very sensitive to sudden change in the periphery).

I would like to see a checkbox for enabling/disabling this rotation feature, maybe in two places:
* When right-clicking the artwork (for me it would be in the Playing Track area in my Left sidebar where it is together with track details)
* In "Now Playing Layout Configuration".

Thanks in advance!

Steven

• Administrator
i've added a general setting in the right click menu to disable rotation

Alexis

Maybe i am not clear on anything that was done here :(..  but looking at my now playing list in the main window.... I really thought something was  going to be implemented for that.  As it is, I do not use that window at all because it has nothing but tracks in it.. unless I am missing a functionality.  Please help if I am.
Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 09:20:57 PM by Alexis
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Steven

• Administrator
its a bug with your config settings thats now corrected for the next update

Alexis

ok, thank you very much!

Alexis

Great!  The debug version resolved this issue indeed!

Alexis

when the  pane is opened to a certain height, the album art goes to the lower left which i think is great.  Is it possible though to have it anchored to maybe the last line of text or something so that the amount of space shown below it in the image is less?

edit: Also, I have image rotation checked but the image stays the same throughout.