Author Topic: MusicBee Remote (Remote Control for Android)  (Read 497037 times)

estate

kelsos

It seems that this is the case I will check it, also did you try the alternative links? I have the plugin files mirrored on github this seems to work fine.

estate

downloading at github is okay, viruswarning is also on Github in the version 0.13 file, seems it is infected also.

Camzo

I currently have an issue where I can't seem to see the music on my phone/tablet. I have tested on two devices (XT890 4.4.2, Xoom 4.4.4 OmniROM) and both connect but won't show any music, is there a fix for this?

kelsos

Hi Camzo, I will check if there is a version of OmniROM for the 1st generation Nexus 7 and I check to see why this happens.

Camzo

Hi Camzo, I will check if there is a version of OmniROM for the 1st generation Nexus 7 and I check to see why this happens.
Awesome, thanks! :)

holuschi

Thank for this wonderful plugin for my favourite music application! Love it.

macharborguy

I was really hoping I could make use of the socket via a NodeJS project, but with no API I'm out in the cold on this one  :(

I do a Twitch.tv stream and have been looking for a music player that supports web sockets (natively or via a plugin) with an API that would allow our NodeJS-based IRC bot to gather song information and artwork via a web socket connection and display the information on stream and in the chat room directly, allowing me to implement song requests and other features.

Just a suggestion:  WebSocket support, and an API for control messages and events would be lovely :)

kelsos

On the development version of the plugin, I am modifying the protocol, meaning that I am replacing the socket with a HTTP REST api in addition with Websockets for push notifications mostly to inform the client for changes. (Unfortunately currently I am experiencing some issues with the websockets part though)

Camzo

Mine isn't working, could the issue be that my PC is connected via Ethernet?

stimbo

I installed the MusicBee Remote Control Plugin on a WinXP laptop using the newest MusicBee version 2.5.5721.

I now receive the following error message when I open MusicBee, and afterwards the application crashes:

MusicBee v2.5.5721.12459 (Win5.1), 26 Oct 2015 16:13:

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndReceiveFrom(IAsyncResult asyncResult, EndPoint& endPoint)
   at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient.EndReceive(IAsyncResult asyncResult, IPEndPoint& remoteEP)
   at MusicBeePlugin.AndroidRemote.Networking.ServiceDiscovery.OnDataReceived(IAsyncResult ar)
   at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
   at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.CompleteCallback(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
   at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)
   at System.Net.Sockets.BaseOverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped)
   at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)

When I uninstall the Remote Control DLL file, all is well with MusicBee again.  Any ideas?

8166UY

Can someone help me with setting this up? I somehow can't connect to it.

Current settings PC:
http://i67.tinypic.com/n3ln5c.png

And in Android (CM12.1 build 14nov15 on OnePlus One):
http://i67.tinypic.com/5k4u0y.png

stimbo

I was also hoping somebody would respond to this request ...

8166UY

For some reason putting all ports open in the plugin and filling the IP of my phone into the app works. Pretty unlogical, but hey, I've got my toy! Nice app btw, really makes my life feel a lot more gadget filled in a very good way.

kelsos

Hello there,

8166UY that is really weird indeed
stimbo I will try to check it during the weekend though I can't guarantee I will have enough time to. 
Camzo ethernet shouldn't be an issue.

Sorry for taking a while to reply, lately I have been really busy with work and I hadn't time to do anything else.