Author Topic: MusicBee Remote (Remote Control for Android)  (Read 497016 times)

kelsos

Search related code is mostly on the plugin side so I will have a look.

I am aware of the floating action button issue, I was looking for ways to have it disappear while scrolling, it is doable though I have to find time to figure out the integration.

Rindsever

Dear all,

I'd like to have some help on how to set up the MB remote application when it fails to connect my computer automatically, how works the manual set up ?

For more details :
Just acquired a samsung trend lite 2 with android, wanted to control MB from it. So I bought a bluetooth USB key (Belkin Mini Bluetooth v4.0 adapter), installed both application and plug-in. Everything appears great, there is a connection between my phone and my computer (in Windowsl) but in the MB remote app, the Connection Manager can't find any remote host. Then I tried, maybe in a clumsy way, a manual set up by touching "add" and entering my computer name, filling the "Hostname/IP" field with the "Private address list" that appears on my screen when I check the plug-in from Musicbee and also by filling the port as 3000.

Where am I wrong ?
Thank you for your help, sorry if someone already answered anywhere in this forum and I could not find him !

kelsos

Dear all,

I'd like to have some help on how to set up the MB remote application when it fails to connect my computer automatically, how works the manual set up ?

For more details :
Just acquired a samsung trend lite 2 with android, wanted to control MB from it. So I bought a bluetooth USB key (Belkin Mini Bluetooth v4.0 adapter), installed both application and plug-in. Everything appears great, there is a connection between my phone and my computer (in Windowsl) but in the MB remote app, the Connection Manager can't find any remote host. Then I tried, maybe in a clumsy way, a manual set up by touching "add" and entering my computer name, filling the "Hostname/IP" field with the "Private address list" that appears on my screen when I check the plug-in from Musicbee and also by filling the port as 3000.

Where am I wrong ?
Thank you for your help, sorry if someone already answered anywhere in this forum and I could not find him !

From what I understand you want to use the Remote application over a Bluetooth connection, correct me if I am wrong. The auto detection feature requires a Wifi connection supporting multicast, so this won't work in your case.

Also the application uses a TCP socket connection in order to communicate. So in a sense directly it is impossible to use over bluetooth.
I have seen around though, that it is possible to have TCP over a bluetooth connection by using a PAN (Personal Area Network) http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/connect-bluetooth-pan#1TC=windows-7 this way you should be able to connect over bluetooth.

Faufiffon

Newcomer here, thanks for this great plugin :)

One question : has the 'Search Library' function been implemented ? None of my songs appear in the search window. Apart from that function the remote works fine.

Thanks in advance for your help.

[Edit : MusicBee v 2.4.5404 / plugin v 0.13.0.1358 - Phone LG G2 Android 4.4.2 ]

[Edit #2 : I'm dumb. It didn't occur to me that I had to actually search for songs to see anything appear... 'Problem' solved; the bug was in my brain].
Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 07:09:13 PM by Faufiffon

kelsos

Actually it is mostly incomplete visual representation as to what you have to do, many users have the same problem
I have to create a small update adding some kind of text just to clarify this thing.

estate

Is it possible to manage the radio stations in musicbee with this app ?

can't find a way.

BTW; remark for your devs:  When I want to install the latest version my virusscanner says the plugin is infected with a trojan virus, so I went back to a version 2.0 install and then the virusscanner stays silent.

I use 360 total security which has not let me down yet, can you check an answer please ?

kelsos

I am working on a plugin implementation that will include the ability to search and play radio stations.

Version 2.0? of the plugin? what was the version that was detected as a trojan could you point it to me so I could check why this happens?

estate

latest version available on your download page gives a trojan positive with 360 total security.

Need more info about the signature then I must install it again ( or try becaus don't want to risk my pc getting a virus :) )

estate

This is the warning I get from 360 Total Security :

Trojan (HEUR/QVM42.0.Malware.Gen)

in Musicbee_remote0.13.0.exe

File is (offcourse) quarantined :)
Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 09:38:16 AM by estate

kelsos

I will give it a try back home, what this only with the installer, or also with the zip also the source was my website?

Virus total analysis
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/e2e6dd78202597099e0b7aef71b32a0985818b6e9393410f55872990053ffd03/analysis/1441115428/

The file in question
http://kelsos.net/musicbeeremote/download/musicbee_remote_0.13.0.exe
Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 02:52:59 PM by kelsos

estate

sorry for my late reaction.

The virus warning I get is with the download of the file, installing is not possible because the download is blocked due to the virus warning.

kelsos

There is also a 7zip that contains the plugin and a required library that you can manually extract, does this happen with the 7z file too?

estate

Where to find and how to do ??

could test it for you if I have some spare time tonight.

estate

you will not like this :)

When I want to download the 7zip file of version 13.0 I ff opens and shows a page with strange text.

When I want to download previous versions the download does really start and a 7zip file can be saved to disc.

looks like you dl page is corrupted somehow