Author Topic: MusicBee Remote (Remote Control for Android)  (Read 501361 times)

felipe

kelsos, some placeholders options:
album link: http://imgur.com/a/qlXOu
download zip: http://s.imgur.com/a/qlXOu/zip

I send you some flat versions,  old vynil and others one color flatted.
Perhaps you could include an option to select the placeholder.

I hope you enjoy.
Thanks.

kelsos

They look nice...  Actually this sounds like an nice Idea I will check it later on how easy it is to implement.

yeahti

Ok :) Thank you for the application, it's really cool to use ! :)

inflikted

kelsos

Any possibility of a Windows Phone equivalent?
Unfortunately I don't have any more time left to add an extra platform for development and support.
Though I plan a complete rewrite (actually work is done on the development branch) of protocol / API to support an embedded web client.

kelsos

Unfortunately, I have a half baked update with widgets and work in progress on mostly visual fixes, and removal of obsolete code.

Due to a busy schedule with work all of the essential features are currently frozen. I am not really sure when I will have the time to resume. Though I have a few ideas lately on how to proceed with some specific issues.

sumsi

any chance for a quick update fix regarding the search "problem" ?

i've noticed that the search only returns results sorted under the 'Music' section of the library
things sorted under the 'Audiobooks', 'Radio' or 'Podcast' section are ignored
is this the intended behavior ?

hi sumsi,
yes this is intended, it should be easy enough though to allow the user to search everywhere. I could include it in the upcoming update.

kelsos

Here is a link on mediafire http://www.mediafire.com/download/f6k04ntfn2kaw09/mb_remote_selectable_sources.zip
Could you test and tell me if it works properly for you?

Quick information on how it works.

I have added  a couple of CheckBoxes in the plugin's settings panel that activate the various sources. I did some minor trial with a podcast I subscribed and it seems like it worked. Could you test to see if it is close to what you need and give me some feedback.

One thing to keep in mind is that this is a debug build and there might be a case of excessive logging. If everything works I will refine the functionality a little bit and I will release a new build.

(Also by looking at the quote, it seems that I missed the radio part I will have to check it in the following days, hopefully Wednesday).

sumsi

did some quick testing and so far all seems to work as i imagined

i'm taking the chance and throw in some thoughts for the android app itself

- adding a search tab for the album artist would be great cause the artist tab ignores correctly the album artist
- possibilty to select the default tap action in the search would be great cause in a searching scenario i dont think some will often add all tracks of an artist/genre to the playlist expecially concerning audiobooks
opening the next "lower" level (artist -> album -> tracks) per default seems a more logic sequence to me

apart from this you did a very good job thanks for this
Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 11:35:47 PM by sumsi

kelsos

I think that I already have an option to select the default action in the settings menu of the android application somewhere, though it seems that opening the next lower level is missing. I am not sure why I decided not to include it, it has been a while since I added the option.

Anyway If it is close to what is expected, I will see what else is needed and I will publish a new release in the next days.

sumsi

i was a bit wrong the option is already there but you can only select to queue or to play, the next level option  is missing

sumsi

after some using i noticed some issues:

in the app:
- if you went from a searched album to its tracklist for the sorting the discnumber is ignored and if there are 2 or more tracks with the same tracknumber they are sorted in reversed alphabetical order (z-a)
expecially for audiobooks respecting the discnumber is kind a important
the second one fades with respecting the discnumber but wanted mention

- if there are 2 tracks (or more) with the identical tracktitle somewhere in the now playing list and eg the second one is actually played the playbutton in the now playing list view is always on the first of theses tracks

- in the now playing list view the buttons to move the tracks around would be better on the right side cause on the left they make it very difficult to drag out the side menu

- if the search results fill one complete page or more the appearing clear button overlaps the 3 dot botton of the last entry so its not reachable