Author Topic: MusicBee Remote (Remote Control for Android)  (Read 497181 times)

SimonBRT

Just installed the latest version - this making great progress Kelsos!  loving the redesign, keep up the good work.  one of the most indispensable apps i use!

kelsos

Thank you Simon.

Well I pushed v0.10.1 to Play Store, let's hope I didn't miss any weird issue that will cause crashing and me panicking to quickly fix the issue :P
Hopefully in the next few days I will start working on the widget part of the application for the next update.

sumsi

i've noticed that the search only returns results sorted under the 'Music' section of the library
things sorted under the 'Audiobooks', 'Radio' or 'Podcast' section are ignored
is this the intended behavior ?

kelsos

hi sumsi,
yes this is intended, it should be easy enough though to allow the user to search everywhere. I could include it in the upcoming update.

sumsi

thanks for information
would be very glad to see this working

yeahti

Hi

Sorry for my english, i'm french (i'll move soon to Canada to improve my speaking)

Thank you for the application wich is really wonderful. I'm using it in my room pc-amplificator and it works great, execpt on this: i cannot search for artist / album or genre.

It's like impossible... !

I just download the latest versions of mucisbee remote on my pc and phone, and it still doesn't work. It was already the case with the last one.

Connexion is easy. I can control the volume, next, previous, play and pause. I can also look at the queue and now playing, but ONLY the album i'm listenning.

I can not have a search. It's blanck, empty. Nothing at the search menu is working.

I tried to reinstall all, and it still not working. What can i do ?

Windows 7 ultimate edition / Xiaomi MI3

MusicBee version 2.4.5404 / Plugin version 0.13.0.1358 / Application version v0.10.1

Thx a lot ! :)

kelsos

Hi yeahti,

I am already looking into it since other people had the same issue, unfortunately I am unable to replicate. The search heavily relies on metadata from your tracks stored in the library of MusicBee, so the thing that would better help me identify the issue is probably some more information about the tracks ID3 tags of your Library.

yeahti

Ok. How could i help you with Tags ?

I almost have 90% of my library in FLAC.  And i barely change the tags, they are already with the songs i download

kelsos

yeahti could you please download this testing plugin and tell me if the alternative search works?

This plugin copies the code that does the album seach.
To install the plugin you have to extract it to the Plugins folder of MusicBee.

To open the form to search you have to go to Tools -> SearchTest.
The default is to search like the plugin, and the alternative is activated by checking the checkbox in the form.

Could you search like you normally search with the android application both with the alternative unchecked/checked and tell me if you get any results on either of two. This could probably help me narrow down the possible causes of the issue.

https://www.mediafire.com/?2k5yf6065lkgj3c

yeahti

Hi.

Thx for your quick responses !

I just tried with the plugin. And it's.. weird. Works for both checked and unchecked. So i next tried by uninstalling the plugin, and it still works.. !

Yesterday none of  my search was working. And now without the plugin it works.. BUT i have to do a research with a least a letter to find something. If i don't, nothing appears.

So i need to hit "eminen" of "emi" to find it. Can't just scroll to find the artist because nothing appears without search. But maybe is that normal ?

kelsos

Yes that's unfortunately normal, it was the fastest implementation possible. Though I plan on changing it.

felipe

My feedback:
- The album art placeholder could be more "material".
- The homepage screen is buried in hamburger menu. Could be accessible by touching the playback control on the app's footer
- On the search results, the three dots menu for individuals songs are covered by the pink queue button.
Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 02:11:54 PM by felipemaciel

kelsos

Thank you Felipe, I can manage fixing the second and third issue for the next release, though the placeholder would be hard since I am not a designer and I would have trouble creating something elegant. I will ask the people that previously created the logos if they can help.
Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 02:45:12 PM by kelsos

felipe

I can send you some suggestions of artwork placeholder?