Author Topic: MusicBee Remote (Remote Control for Android)  (Read 496921 times)

Madmaxneo

For some reason the search function in the remote is not working correctly. I took a few songs in a playlist and changed the album to a specific name so I could find them in the remote search function. But the search turns up nothing. I also did the same and changed the genre to "Soft Meditation" and when I search for that genre the remote doesn't find anything, but the search still works normally for genres and tags that haven't changed. Maybe there is a setting I missed somewhere. Or is this a problem with the parent program MusicBee?

Bruce

kelsos

I prepared a version with some basic logging enabled for the search
The location of the error log is the following: %AppData%\MusicBee\mb_remote\error.log

I am not sure if there is enough to help me but it could be a start.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1D3bMwQQHTIZHVfX3IyeF9TZUU/

I think the way I get the results now is similar to how the auto playlists work.
Say you search for a genre. It would be like creating a playlist with Match -> Genres Contains "keyword".  I will to keep in mind and change something to see if that's the condition for the issue.

Madmaxneo

Once I install those DLL's how do I get the error log and send it to you?

Now that I think about it I am thinking this has more to do with MusicBee than the remote. When I search on the remote for other genres that were set before I used MusicBee the results come up fine.

I just figured out how to do a search in MusicBee and the same thing happens so this is definitely a problem with MusicBee.

I will report this issue in another forum (bug reporting?).

kelsos

Yes you get the error log and send it.
At the latest release the search happens on MusicBee.
I just generate an XML like the one used with the Auto Playlists and I pass it to the MusicBee API. Then the API returns the matching results (so it could be an issue there maybe sending something wrong to the API). It will not be the same on the version under development though.

If you have the same issue with the Auto Playlist matching, then it could be a MusicBee issue and you should report it to the bug reporting forum. If the Auto Playlists work properly, then the issue is with my code. So if the existing logging functionality isn't enough to reach a conclusion, I will have to add logging to a few more parts, in order to figure out why that happens.

ihavnoclue

I completely missed your reply to my post. Should have enabled notifications.

I had this error come up a few times. Seemed a little random. Happened today and I checked this thread. Replaced the file and it worked again.
But I also tried the old version again to double check and didn't see a problem there anymore. Not sure what's going on.

I'll keep running this new version and see if I get the error again.

Cavey

And your plugin working fine with my BlackBerry Passport.

Thanks a lot !

kelsos

I am glad it works for you Carvey :)

By the way the library support work seems to take more than I thought, so I took a break of working on the features, in order to update a little bit the existing version, Mostly it is theme updating and fixing a few annoyances people reported etc. If anyone is interested in checking the version I created a folder in mediafire that I will use to provide some builds whenever I have some work ready.

The version has a different package name so it can be installed side by side with the Play Store release. I have to warn you that this is software under development and might have major issues and also some features may not work as intended at the available builds.

Here for anyone interested: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/moam7fwms7yvm/mbrc-preview

Cavey

Well I've just try your new version.

But, with my special screen (1:1) prefere the old version. The Yellow line is very... mmm... agressive.

But, I've got a special phone. I'm on BBos 10, not with Android.

old package :

new package :

kelsos

Well trying to follow some of the Material Design guidelines and color is important :)
Both seem of but then I haven't optimized the phone for something with square screen. I could try but I am not sure how it will run on Passport.

mozartjune

One wishlist I have is controlling the volume from the notification panel so I don't have to exit an app if I just want to change the volume. I have no idea how difficult that is or if you have the time for that but that would make this app 11/10 from 10/10  ;D

fabuuu

This message instantly occured: MusicBee v2.5.5524.39432 (Win6.2), 9 Mrz 2015 12:44:

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Der Host war bei einem Socketvorgang nicht erreichbar
   bei System.Net.Sockets.Socket.setMulticastOption(SocketOptionName optionName, MulticastOption MR)
   bei System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SetSocketOption(SocketOptionLevel optionLevel, SocketOptionName optionName, Object optionValue)
   bei System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient.JoinMulticastGroup(IPAddress multicastAddr)
   bei MusicBeePlugin.AndroidRemote.Networking.ServiceDiscovery.Start()
   bei MusicBeePlugin.AndroidRemote.Commands.Internal.StartServiceBroadcast.Execute(IEvent eEvent)
   bei MusicBeePlugin.AndroidRemote.Controller.Controller.BgCommandExecutor(Object e)
   bei System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   bei System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   bei System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   bei System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

kelsos

I am sure I have a version somewhere with a fix for the specific issue,
I will upload a new build when I get back home.

---- Update ----
I got a new version here [----] theoretically it should not crash at this point. Could you test and tell me if everything is fine?

--- Update II ----
I removed the link since the specific build was actually broken...
Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 01:47:07 PM by kelsos

find-the-pig

I can't enable the Plugin...
It seems deactivated by default. When I click on enable it says:

This Plugin can not be activated.
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

I guess there is an Log feuture but I can't enable it without the Plugin running, can I?
greetz find-the-pig

kelsos

Halliba what version? the latest release or the build I posted above (0.10)?

find-the-pig

I think it worked with the latest release. I updatet to 0.10 and it stoped working... Downgrading did not solve the Problem :/
greetz find-the-pig