Author Topic: MusicBee Remote (Remote Control for Android)  (Read 497012 times)

eLr0n

Sorry to say that but i think this app got unnecessary. With Bazingas DACP Plugin you can use the Retunes App which got all features of Musicbee Remote + Library Browsing and starting playlists.

Ansem

i think that this app is fantastic!
please can you add only this 2 feature
-rate the songs
- delete the song from the hard disk (not only from the playlist

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I got this error after trying to abort an Auto-Tag by audio signature command.  It looks like it's related to this plugin.  Can you advise?

MusicBee v2.4.5252.30813 (Win6.1), 19 May 2014 21:06:

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
   at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient..ctor(Int32 port, AddressFamily family)
   at MusicBeePlugin.AndroidRemote.Networking.ServiceDiscovery.Start()
   at MusicBeePlugin.AndroidRemote.Commands.Internal.StartServiceBroadcast.Execute(IEvent eEvent)
   at MusicBeePlugin.AndroidRemote.Controller.Controller.BgCommandExecutor(Object e)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Ansem

Can you please add this two feature:
-delete songs (only from MB or from HDD too)
-add songs to a playlist?

kelsos

eLr0n, I am glad you found something to fulfill your needs, still these features will be added to MBRC as soon as I am off the army and have some time to spend coding.

scampbll, seems that some other application was using the same port with the remote you can change the port from 3000 to something else to get rid of the problem.

Ansem, I will add them on my todo list, but it will have to wait. Currently I am stationed on an island near the borders and I haven't been able to get back home for the last two months. Furthermore I don't have any planned leave at least for the next month, so I am unable to continue the remote's development.

kamikaze15

I get this bug whenever I try to launch MusicBee offline. I was suggested to post this here as the plug-in may be the one causing it. Thanks for the help.

MusicBee v2.3.5188.29316 (Win5.1), 10 ago 2014 21:46:

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): La dirección solicitada no es válida en este contexto
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.setMulticastOption(SocketOptionName optionName, MulticastOption MR)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SetSocketOption(SocketOptionLevel optionLevel, SocketOptionName optionName, Object optionValue)
   at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient.JoinMulticastGroup(IPAddress multicastAddr)
   at MusicBeePlugin.AndroidRemote.Networking.ServiceDiscovery.Start()
   at MusicBeePlugin.AndroidRemote.Commands.Internal.StartServiceBroadcast.Execute(IEvent eEvent)
   at MusicBeePlugin.AndroidRemote.Controller.Controller.BgCommandExecutor(Object e)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

kelsos

This is indeed caused by the plugin.
It is in the code used to autodetect the plugin from the Android application. I never actually tested the code offline. It should be really easy to fix, however I am currently unable to fix it until my next leave (currently I am doing my army service and I have no access to a development machine). I will either get a leave on late September - early October or during November.

If someone has a computer running visual studio it should be probably fixed by surrounding the ServiceDiscovery.Instance.Start(); with a try {} catch() {}. Catching the exception should stop the crash.
https://github.com/kelsos/mbrc-plugin/blob/35d588dcf5934c632a07aedfa5de908b89979d10/AndroidRemote/Commands/Internal/StartServiceBroadcast.cs#L14

Gwapkov

I have a suggestion:
Adding the auto shutdown feature for remote shutdowns.

Ansem

Ansem, I will add them on my todo list, but it will have to wait. Currently I am stationed on an island near the borders and I haven't been able to get back home for the last two months. Furthermore I don't have any planned leave at least for the next month, so I am unable to continue the remote's development.
thanks a lot! don't worry ^^ do it when you'll have time ^^

kelsos

I have a suggestion:
Adding the auto shutdown feature for remote shutdowns.

I am considering the ability (as an option) to start/close MusicBee using the remote but it will probably be on a later version.

Storris

Just thought I'd say WOW \ :o /

From "oh that looks good", to playing my music in approximately 30secs.

Thank you.

find-the-pig

I just cloned the repo from Github and actually there is no ServiceDiscovery.Instance.Start() method.
The MusicBeePlugin.AndroidRemote.Commands namespace looks like this:
http://i.cubeupload.com/9eJlR4.png

The StartServiceBroadcast class looks like this:

namespace MusicBeePlugin.AndroidRemote.Commands
{
    internal class StartServiceBroadcast : ICommand
    {
        private readonly ServiceDiscovery _service;

public StartServiceBroadcast(ServiceDiscovery service)
        {
            _service = service;
        }
        public void Execute(IEvent eEvent)
        {
            _service.Start();
        }
    }
}

I think I did something wring in cloning the repo :/
I tried a few things but, the Exception is still thrown..
greetz find-the-pig

kelsos

hi halliba, you probably cloned the latest development tree, that has a lot of changes and thus it is incompatible with the current android application release. I am currently stationed near my hometown, though I couldn't get out much... Probably in the next week I will get back home more often so I will have a look.

kamikaze15

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware doesn't let me use the application. I've added both MusicBee folder and process to exclusions but that doesn't seem to work. What can I do so I can use the remote and the anti-malware at the same time?

kelsos

That's really weird, are you using the latest plugin version?
Can you generally provide more information regarding the issue?

OS, Version of the plugin, error message? any available logs from malware bytes. I downloaded the free version to run a scan but it did nothing.
Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 11:32:12 AM by kelsos