Author Topic: MusicBee Remote (Remote Control for Android)  (Read 496951 times)

dylstew

Hello, I´m trying to use this App.
However, my phone´s resolution is pretty small. Because of this a lot of song titles don´t fit on the screen(and they cover the album art aswell)
First of all if the song title was placed differently some might fit like it does on my poweramp. however, the problem is that titles that don´t fit don´t scroll. it would be nice if it scrolled so I can know what song I´m listening to.
Or maybe even a button to see song details, which would display the full title(like I do in poweramp). if Poweramp can display everything on the small resolution, this app probably could aswell, but I think just making the song title scroll would be much easier to implement.
I can see that the app pretty basic so far, but the fact that this even exists is amazing ^.^.

Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 05:08:51 PM by dylstew

eLr0n

Is it possible to release a version with playlist support? You already said you wont do it because it depends on the implementation of the browsing functionality, but since then 4 month have passed. So it seems this feature costs a lot of time and will perhaps never be completed. Would be nice to have a playlist support using  your current method for searching albums, artist etc.....

kelsos

hi eLr0n,
The plans are to release a version with both playlist and library support until middle March.

eLr0n

nepanitukka

hi there,
musicbee remote is running fine.

one thing though - after a while (screen off, playing several songs) - when i wake up my phone again - music bee is no more reacting on input from remote - also remote is not up to date - still showing the file, that was played last time the screen on the phone was active -

my solution for the moment - settings - manage connections - choose computer - the it updates again ...

anyone else having that issue?
any solutions?

or is there a need for an "Actualize" button ... (sending the app to sleep when not in use saves quite a bit of battery i guess)

Greetings

EDIT: Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 stockROM

kelsos

hi there,
musicbee remote is running fine.

one thing though - after a while (screen off, playing several songs) - when i wake up my phone again - music bee is no more reacting on input from remote - also remote is not up to date - still showing the file, that was played last time the screen on the phone was active -

my solution for the moment - settings - manage connections - choose computer - the it updates again ...

anyone else having that issue?
any solutions?

or is there a need for an "Actualize" button ... (sending the app to sleep when not in use saves quite a bit of battery i guess)

Greetings

This is a known issue, unfortunately I am not sure on how to fix it, most of the things I tried didn't seem to solve the issue.
Also It seems that i forgot to add it to the new help, and since a lot of people ask the same thing, I shall add it in the next few days.
If you long press the connection button it should reset the stuck connection.

kelsos

Some status update.

I was hoping to get the new version out by mid march, unfortunately this is not possible anymore. There is more work to be completed in order to push the update and starting the 11th of March I will be doing my mandatory army service for a period of 9 months, this means I can't know for sure when the next update will be out.

The most probable scenario is that I will not have computer access for the greatest part of the next 9 months. I will try to work to complete the features when I get back home, but I can't guarantee anything.

Also it will probably take a while to reply to e-mails/posts since I won't have any Internet access.

Hans

Hi Kelsos, when I read your upcoming army duty I started to keep my fingers crossed ... I was looking forward to the inclusion of play lists in your app ... Thanks for your work and all the best in the army!

sparramc

Thanx to all that worked on this wonderful Plugin. "MusicBee Remote" is Bloody Brilliant!

cheers

Ray Mc
www.LegoMindstormsRobots.com

Leroy Bad

Hey maybe you guess can help me. There is one single album in my MusicBee Library, Bitches Brew by Miles Davis that for some reason whenever I que up the album with MB Remote it arranges the track out of order! I can't figure out why. I've checked and made sure the tags are correct, and tested that it plays properly within MB itself. But its only with the remote that arranges the tracks out of order.  It's just this one album and the out of order track list is consistently the same every time I select it. Any thought?

kelsos

Hey maybe you guess can help me. There is one single album in my MusicBee Library, Bitches Brew by Miles Davis that for some reason whenever I que up the album with MB Remote it arranges the track out of order! I can't figure out why. I've checked and made sure the tags are correct, and tested that it plays properly within MB itself. But its only with the remote that arranges the tracks out of order.  It's just this one album and the out of order track list is consistently the same every time I select it. Any thought?

Hello Leroy,
It is an issue with my code... I don't sort the tracks properly when I queue them, this has been fixed in the development code but it hasn't been backported to the old version. I am back home for a couple of days with leave from the army, so I will try to backport a few fixes if I have enough time.

bazinga

Hi,

I haven't installed the app yet; I was wondering if it is possible to start up musicbee using the remote app. Reason: I'd like to play my music from the PC without turning on the monitor...

Hans

No, MB must be running so that the android app can contact it. But the app can start and stop playing tracks.

kelsos

Hello bazinga,
Although I plan on adding such a feature on the future, currently it is not possible. I am not sure how long will it be before I get it done.
It will be probably after completing my army service in mid December.

So frustrating but I cannot get this to work any more after installing Windows 8!

On my PC I have several local servers, Pushbullet, Unified Remote, Splashtop Streamer and MusicBee Remote. When I use the auto-scan functions on the other programs they find my PC servers instantly with no problem - but MusicBee cannot find the host. It is the only one not working.

Even if I manually add the server it does not work.

No conflicting ports either. I also tried changing the port but it doesn't work. Also tried forwarding port 3000 on my router.
I tried disconnecting from WiFi and only running the server on cable, still doesn't work.
I even added MusicBee to the Windows Firewall settings to allow it complete access, but it still won't work.

I'm completely at a loss and very upset because this app was essential to my well being!

Main MusicBee version - 2.3.5188
MusicBee Remote plugin version - 0.9.8.1312
Android version - 0.9.10
Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 04:28:19 PM by 3221912527