Author Topic: MusicBee Remote (Remote Control for Android)  (Read 497182 times)

vivadavid

OK, Kelsos, now it seems to be working fine!!

I decided to try with the Remote app on my tablet (I was using the app on my mobile phone) to see if it made any difference, but I was pessimistic. I ran MB on the portable installation in my USB drive, and suddently there was this standard dialogue box to allow MB or the remote (or both) to connect to private and public networks.

I think I had seen this message before, but certainly not today, and I was testing a lot. I don't know if it was a coincidence that it popped when I used the app from my tablet.

Any idea what to do if I need to do a new installation again some other time? Can this dialogue box be forced to be displayed?

I'm sorry if I've made you work on this for nothing! Thanks anyway!

andrea.ippo

Hi kelsos, great plugin and app, but please in your 1st post highlight the link to the page to download them, it's always a bit difficult to find it again when an update is available ;)
(I always land on github)

Thanks! :)

kelsos

I am not sure if you meant that but I added a direct link to the download page and made the links bold along with a word in the text indicating the context of the link, I hope this makes it easier.

erikerik

Remote works great!

Was wondering, is there any way to have an option which can output to device?  Have the remote just play what is showing on the remote and in Musicbee on the phone/device? 

erikerik

atm I'm using the remote and have Bluetooth headphones on which are connected to the computer lol.  So I can roam around the house and use the remote and musicbee. 

Musicbee has option to "Output to various sound sources"  digital out, primary sound, speakers, bluetooth, etc.   Isn't it possible to add option to output to Musicbee Remote?  or android device? 

kelsos

Though it would theoretically be possible, it would require to add streaming functionality to both the plugin and remote. This would require a lot of effort and time. Furthermore the intended functionality for MBRC is to be able to remotely control MusicBee through your android device (that's the whole idea of a remote control) so adding streaming functionality would deviate from the intended goals for this project.

Now for streaming to android, I am not sure what streaming solutions are available on MusicBee, maybe some of the other members could help you with this.

PureLoneWolf

I was also thinking of adding an option to disable the notification. I will add it to my priority list to get it implemented. I am not sure about the paused part, but the notification should disappear on stopped.

Hi there

This doesn't seem to be working for me.  When MusicBee is loaded, the last playing track appears in my notification bar as soon as I connect my phone to Wireless.  The only way to get rid of it, is to close MusicBee.  I would much prefer only having the notification appear when MusicBee is playing/paused.

Sorry for posting, I couldn't work out from the above if this is something implemented (and therefore not working for me) or planned.

Other than that, it is working perfectly for me.

Cheers

kelsos

The way it is designed you can either turn it off completely or have it running while the application is connected. You can close it manually and it won't reappear until either it gets reconnected or there is a track change. 
I will keep it in mind as an option for one of the next updates.

MasterP

i updated it yesterday and it really is awesome! thanks a lot kelsos!

but just started up MB and got an error:

Code
MusicBee v2.2.5002.13485 (Win6.1), 24 Sep 2013 23:50:

System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei MusicBeePlugin.AndroidRemote.Entities.NowPlayingTrack.SetTitle(String title, String fileUrl)
   bei MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.GetTrackInfo()
   bei MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.RequestTrackInfo(String clientId)
   bei MusicBeePlugin.AndroidRemote.Commands.Requests.RequestSongInfo.Execute(IEvent eEvent)
   bei MusicBeePlugin.AndroidRemote.Controller.Controller.BgCommandExecutor(Object e)
   bei System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   bei System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   bei System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   bei System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

PureLoneWolf

The way it is designed you can either turn it off completely or have it running while the application is connected. You can close it manually and it won't reappear until either it gets reconnected or there is a track change. 
I will keep it in mind as an option for one of the next updates.
It would be great if you could. I run YATSE for my XBMC install, and that does the same.  The notification widget is running only when something is playing or paused.  Then disappears when stopped.

My phone is connected to Wifi all of the time at home, and losing notification space when I am not using MusicBee upsets my OCD :)

Thanks

kelsos

MasterP I will check it, it happened to me a few times but I was unable to replicate it at will, I will check it again. PureLoneWolf :) on the other hand I prefer to have it running while it is connected (I think most of the implementations display it while only while playing/paused, the current implementation is more of a personal preference) :D next week I will resume development so I will add an option then

MasterP

kelsos

Just a small status update I will be off from development for a while bit longer as I am in the process of finalizing my thesis. I hope to resume development in the following week.

SimonBRT

cheers for the update kelsos.  appreciate any development on this as and when... such great work so far.