Author Topic: MusicBee Remote (Remote Control for Android)  (Read 497172 times)

symont

Thank you so much for this update!!!

You now deserve a well earned break. But when you are ready to get into it again, I would have two suggestions for this app:

1) When we search a Genre and press the Action Menu of our choice, we can then Queue Next, Queue Last, Play Now and Get Artists. A Get Album action would be very usefull here.

2) I already ask for this one, a search by AlbumArtist. Maybe I am the only one with this problem. But I have numerous compilation albums with several unkown artists on them (like a tribute to a known artist). AlbumArtist keeps everything clean and easily spotted.

Thanks again

kelsos

symont I will keep them in mind for a next update they should both be easy to implement.

They should not take much time, so I will keep it in mind for the new features in October.. September is going to be a really busy month... so I probably won't have enough time to work on the remote...

Alexis I will update it probably during the weekend, I also want to create a small video tutorial / how to. But I will probably postpone it till October.

vivadavid

It's a great update: thanks so much! I don't know if somebody else has already mentioned this, but it'd be awesome if the plugin could handle LRC files (synchronized lyrics).

ihavnoclue

joejoe

really nice work with the new version kelsos. it works great for me. thanks

Hecknoss

Dude I registered just to say thanks you are a legend and this remote bizow is the best! Thanks bro!

kelsos

Thank you :)
vivadavid at this point I simply strip the timestamp data, but I will keep it in mind as an addition.

I can't guarantee anything at the moment, I will have to spend some time to figure out how it could be implemented, and I am sure it will require some effort to manage to keep them actually in sync with the song.

Playlist support and widgets are actually the next two high priority features for when I resume the development of the remote in October.

Also there are a few minor issues I found out with the release. The one is a crash when you try to manually save settings in the case you leave the port number empty.
The other one I think has to do with the plugin, and it is a problem with the initialization of the playing information when you first connect. I will try to fix them as soon as possible. Though I am a little tight on free time at the moment.

vivadavid

Hello, Kelso,

Just to make sure I explained myself correctly, I'm not talking about a lyrics search engine: I prefer doing this myself using Minilyrics. I'm referring to a feature to display a LRC file already downloaded. As you said, I can see in MusicBee remote the contents of the LRC files, but, of course, it'd be so much better if we could see the lyrics, without the tags, and the current line could be displayed in a different colour. I prefer this approach, as can be found in MB, as opposed to just seeing the current line and temporarily hiding the rest of the lines of the song.

Hopefully, Steve will be able to help you, as I imagine it'll be pretty much the same code, although there might be other problems to implement this code on the Remote that I can't think of.

In any case, thank you for your great work and for considering implementing this feature.

David

kelsos

Yes it was clear enough.

The syncing problem I was talking about is due to the fact that at this point the accuracy of the track position is usually of by a few milliseconds at least, and in some cases it might be by a couple of seconds.

I will have to make it more accurate, probably by also taking in account the network latency etc (ignored at the moment), so that the current lyrics line gets highlighted at the proper moment.

vivadavid

kelsos, I didn't know there were these issues to display the synced lyrics accurately. Good luck whenever you have the time to deal with them. :-)

vivadavid

Hello, Kelsos,

I was trying to make the remote work in a portable installation that I have in my pen drive, but unsuccessfully, even if it did work in my portable installation in my hard drive. I downloaded the latest version of the plugin and copied it in both destinations, and now the remote works neither in my pen drive nor in my hard disk. I've read there's a new Android version, but I can't update it. Do you know if Google will accept it and upload it soon?

Thanks!

vivadavid

Hello, again, I've moved back to version 0.9.3.7 of the plugin and now, at least, it works again in my hard drive (though not in my USB drive). In both cases, I'm using MB 2.2.4997, so I don't understand why the behaviour is different.

Hopefully the September update of the Android app will be released soon, and together with the latest plugin, the remote will work in my USB drive too.

kelsos

First on the new version, the latest version should be 0.9.7 for the android application. As far as I know the application should be available for all users, I can see from the developer console of Google Play that at least 57% of the users are on the latest version. In which version are you stuck? 0.9.6? If yes there is only a minor fix since, with the manual settings dialog that would crash the application.

I haven't tested the plugin with a portable installation but I am sure that there was a user that managed to make it work with the previous version.

I will do a test either later today or tomorrow and I will keep you posted...
The most probable result is a minor update to the plugin fixing whatever issues cause the portable installation to fail.

Thanks for the included info, I will try to emulate the environment to see what and why happens

vivadavid

Thanks, Kelsos, for your quick answer. I have version 0.9.7 of the Android app, but this is what your website says:

"September 02 2013
An update has been released that fixes a minor issue with the plugin, the issue would cause the plugin to stop accepting connections in some cases..

August 31 2013
There has been a minor update during last week to version 0.9.7, this version fixes a minor issue regarding an application crash in the settings dialog."

Therefore, I thought there was a more recent version.

I wanted to make it clear that the MB that I use in my laptop is also a portable installation and the remote works, though only with the plugin  0.9.3.7; that's why I don't understand the different behaviour in my USB drive: it's also a portable installation and it doesn't work, not even with plugin 0.9.3.7.

A moment ago, I deleted the installation I had in my USB drive, I did a new portable installation of version 2.1 and then I copied the latest beta. I installed the latest plugin (0.9.5.7), and it didn't work: the app said "A remote service cannot be found". I tried again with the previous plugin (0.9.3.7) and it didn't work either, though in this case there was no message.

Both in my laptop and in my USB drive, the IP and port information seems to be correct.

If you need more information about my problem, please let me know. Thank you for your help!

kelsos

The August 31st update is the version 0.9.7 of the android application and the September 2 is the 0.9.5 version of the Musicbee plugin sorry for the confusion...

I will test it later on both permanent and removable storage on my development virtual machine to try and figure out what is wrong,