Author Topic: MusicBee Remote (Remote Control for Android)  (Read 496931 times)

symont

It looks very promissing. Thank you so much for keeping this project alive.

A little suggestion, which would mean a lot to me. On top of the Album, Title, Genre and Artist sorting, I would really like an AlbumArtist field sorting.

Regards

Hulkij

Hi
something is wrong with remote on my nexus 4. i can change the track from playback control buttons, but when I'm trying to change song from "now playing" list nothing is happening.

kelsos

Hi
something is wrong with remote on my nexus 4. i can change the track from playback control buttons, but when I'm trying to change song from "now playing" list nothing is happening.

Hello Hulkij, does it happen with all the tracks, or with specific ones?
The now playing functionality on the market version has some known functionality issues.
The issues will be resolved in the next release, which I hope will be soon, most of the features seem to be at a satisfactory level, though there are some minor issues that have to be resolved.

Steff

Hi Kelso,

first of all, thanks for all your work.

Taking the chance to sound totally ignorant, am I right in understanding, that I need to install the remote app on my tablet (Samsung Tab2) and that I must install the plug-in on my computer (WIN7)? Whenever I go to "http://kelsos.net/musicbeeremote/download/", I am only able to download  a file called "musicbee_remote_plugin_0.2.5.man", with which I am not able to do anything with. Is there any other place, where I can find the dll-file mb_remote.dll?

Thanks for taking the time to answer...

Greetings,
Steff

Steff

Hi boroda74,

thanks a lot... now it works... your link gave me the idea. My problem was my browser (Opera).  I am so used to it, that I didn't think, that the problem lies there... yet whenever I opened the link for the zip-file, it offered to download a file with the extension .man...   I had to install another browser to finally get the zip-file... Thanks again.

Greetings,
Steff

kelsos

oh OK thank you I will add some information as soon as I have some time available

Hulkij

Hi Kelsos,
It's happening with all of the tracks. I'm choosing a song from list, triangle appears but song is not changing.
in that case I'm waiting for new release  :)

lupin450

Hi boroda74,

thanks a lot... now it works... your link gave me the idea. My problem was my browser (Opera).  I am so used to it, that I didn't think, that the problem lies there... yet whenever I opened the link for the zip-file, it offered to download a file with the extension .man...   I had to install another browser to finally get the zip-file... Thanks again.

Greetings,
Steff

I have the same problem. Always a .MAN file, never a ZIP. And i changed browser, try to download it with my phone.. still, can't seem to have a ZIP file.

kelsos

Hi boroda74,

Greetings,
Steff

I have the same problem. Always a .MAN file, never a ZIP. And i changed browser, try to download it with my phone.. still, can't seem to have a ZIP file.

I actually had a mail communication with another user that had the same problem, and from what I understand, it seems that he changed the extension of the file manually and managed to extract the plugin properly.

--Update---
after a quick search it seems it is an issue that appears on both IE an Opera, for some reason they change the file extension...
It seems that it is still a 7zip archive so if you open it with either winRAR or 7zip it should open properly.
Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 05:39:12 PM by kelsos

kelsos

Hello this is mostly a status update on the progress,
Hopefully there will be a test release till the end of the week, through the alpha or beta channels of Google Play for the apk and through this topic or my website, for the plugin. And if there are not many problems soon after it will get uploaded to the stable channel.

The new plugin & application are completely incompatible with the previous versions, which means that the old plugin will not work with the new version and the new plugin won't work with the old application. This is due to the fact that I moved the underlying protocol from xml to JSON.

On the new features, we have a better tablet layout for 7inch tablets, though unfortunately I had to abandon the previous layout with the always on now playing list. I may restore it at some point in the future.

The new version will have 5 star track rating support and last fm love/ban functionality. Also the navigation has been implemented using the new Drawer Layout  (Gmail / Google Play Music SideBar menu).

The now playing list has search sorting and remove functionality. And also a basic library search functionality has been implemented.
You can now search by Genre/Artist/Album/Title Enqueue/Play now and also get all artists for a genre, albums for an artists and tracks for an album.

Also the new version will have support for multiple host storing (though it will try to connect only to the default for start) and a service discovery functionality for wifi networks using Multicast functionality.

If anyone is interested in any development builds tell me to upload them.

SimonBRT

very excited for this  ;D
really glad you are still working on it.  the android style drawer navigation sounds great...

Maleko12

kelsos

By the way the project has been uploaded to Github under GPLv3 license.
the repository for the remote is this https://github.com/kelsos/mbrc
and the one for the plugin is this https://github.com/kelsos/mbrc-plugin
furthermore I am currently searching a little bit to provide an automated installer for the plugin along with a simple archive, probably using nsis.