Author Topic: MusicBee Remote (Remote Control for Android)  (Read 497023 times)

kelsos

The debug version would be meaningful if the second test succeed and the first failed for some reason... Any chance that the router has a build in firewall? it could be responsible for blocking connections. another chance could be Wireless Access Point Isolation, on some routers that will allow internet connections but it will not allow local clients to communicate with each other.

On the phone did you continue getting timeout messages?

ok on some similar situation but with SSH on this article: http://superuser.com/questions/446208/cant-ssh-within-lan-but-can-connect-from-outside

"The only thing I can think of for that is that some Wi-Fi APs have a checkbox to disable what's called "Intra-BSS Relay" by the IEEE 802.11 spec. Sometimes the UI might call this "enable client isolation" or "disable client-to-client communication" or something like that."
Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 06:57:25 AM by kelsos

LeMirque

Hi,

I already reported this problem in the "General" section, so sorry for double posting, but I was hoping someone on the Plugin side might have an idea.
I got an issue activating Plugins in a MusicBee installation on a NAS Drive, the error message says: "Unable to initialise this plugin: The plugin may need to be unblocked using Windows Explorer (right click on the DLL file/ Properties/ Unblock)". However, this seems not to be the solution. The files are unblocked, as far as I can tell.

kelsos

Unfortunately due to full time work the development of the remote is going slower than expected. Since the tablet support on the application is not optimal (it is just the layout for devices like galaxy nexus resized, in that sense it has a lot of empty space) and there is a significant number of tablet users I am also working on proper tablet support for the next version

here are some screenshots of some development builds that are not final but just a preview.

also the new version will have a notification.

along with this I am trying to figure a few things to add a sliding menu similar to the one in evernote and other applications for track rating / love & ban tracks on last.fm and a few other things I have in mind. Also there is a video either at the news section of the application site or a few posts before of other changes related to the playlist.

Also someone mentioned the ability to store multiple hosts so this is one of the things in the list.

After the next version is ready (though I don't really have an estimation) I will also start working on the library support so I would like you to send me suggestions on how would you like the library functionality to work.

SimonBRT

ordered my nexus 7 today so great timing on improved tablet functionality!  looking forward to it...

Nixander

I would really liketo see a:

- browser that you can set as artistbrowser, genrebrowser, BPM browser, year browser or whatever.
- search function

losingmyedge

Am I being stupid? I set the application up properly (it's great work, by the way) and yet I can't browse artists, only "now playing", making it somewhat pointless as a remote control. Am I missing something here? Sorry if I am!

If this is not implemented at the moment, here's how I would like to see it done.

A menu press would bring up the ability to toggle between Artist View, Album View or Song View, at which stage you could scroll through (with a drag bar at the side, please) your entire library.

Please and thank you.

kelsos

Hello losingmyedge no the library browsing functionality is not yet implemented but I wait for somefeedback on this to help me get a better idea on how I should implement it, so I really appreciate your input. :)

klingt.net

Plugin crashes when i try to open the settings (File->Preferences->Plugins). I've tried v0.24 and 0.25, as well as different musicbee versions (2.*). Musicbee is installed as portable application, but not in the default "program files" folder. Running musicbee as "administrator" wasn't successful either.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MusicBee v2.1.4720.33032 (Win6.1), 11 Dez 2012 14:12:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '255' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
   at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
   at MusicBeePlugin.SettingsPanel.UpdateValues(String values)
   at MusicBeePlugin.SettingsController.ConfigureSettingsPanel(IntPtr panelHandle, Int32 background, Int32 foreground)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.Configure(IntPtr panelHandle)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at #=q7ZmgAs1rRS$htSH0BoSY5AEUl0vO2bwbkDGSMhYcVsQ=.#=qGFLm4oF2WqVu2lT8sm3D5A==(IntPtr #=qbFBKFdvUdvRi1HgxeDwWow==)

kelsos

You could try deleting settings.xml file in %AppData%\MusicBee\mb_remote folder to see if this resolves the issue. Probably something in the settings creates a problem, after this opening MB with the plugin activated should create a new settings file with default values.

And I will try to check it to see if I missed something when I get back home.

klingt.net

%AppData%\MusicBee\mb_remote
Thats the problem, because i've installed the portable version, there is no MusicBee folder in "...\Username\AppData\Roaming\". A workaround is to create the MusicBee folder and the subfolder "mb_remote".
Now it works!

PS: Thanks for your fast response!

kelsos

Ok though that's not good if it is the portable version to create non portable settings, to be honest I never checked it against the portable version. I will check it on the first chance.

klingt.net

One little extra note: The mb_remote settings will be saved in the following directory: "path_to_music_bee_portable\AppData\mb_remote". But without the MusicBee\mb_remote folder in %appdata% it won't work.

pworm

Hi Kelsos,

Hello losingmyedge no the library browsing functionality is not yet implemented but I wait for somefeedback on this to help me get a better idea on how I should implement it, so I really appreciate your input. :)

I really appreciate your work into the MB Remote, thank you. I just wanted to drop this info:
Before I switched to MB, I was on winamp and was very happy using a 'remote-app' called 'aWARemote'. Maybe you already know it, but if not, just have a look. With this app, I was able the browse the Winamp library including covers, rating, etc. It was also a very nice piece of software. Maybe you can get some inspiration from it?

http://www.geb-dev.de/index.php/Pictures/articles/Pictures.html

Regards,
pw

Noob

The remote seems to work fine for me. Thank you!
Can't wait to see the rating feature.

Marvvvv

Thanks for this great App! :)
But I want a new feature. A feature to manage the "Now Playing"-Playlist.