Author Topic: MusicBee Remote (Remote Control for Android)  (Read 497151 times)

kelsos

The way the now playing list is now depends on the track's ID3 tags. Due to that reason, even if a single track in your playlist is without tags it won't display anything. It has been noted and I plan to work on it soon to find a fallback in case no tags are detected for a track. If you are sure that all the tracks are properly tagged It might have been something I really missed.

houston

I will take a look at my Tags. It could be there was one without anything inbetween.
Needed tags are artist and title, right?

kelsos

yeah at the moment that's the requirement. I plan to fix it in a future version.

houston

Ahh okay, now it is working :)
I used Auto-DJ with Last.FM streamings... ;)

Oh Yes, how about to hold the app in the notification bar? like playerpro with "pause/play" and "next song" (maybe optional "stop")
It will stay there, until the user says to exit it. (over the menu dropdown)
Optional it could quit if the player on the pc will be closed.
Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 03:10:29 PM by houston

kelsos

A newer version of the application is available and it is published on Google Play. Check the first post for links

Changes from version 0.2.2

- Fix on an issue that would ignore everything in tags after an apostrophe on devices running Froyo or Gingerbread
- Optimized layout for Galaxy Nexus
- Fix on an issue that would cause all tags to not display if even one tag was empty
- Minor fixes on the connection loop
- Now playing track on playlist view updates properly when a track changes
- Fix on a small issue that would cause exception if an empty host-address or port was used

Alexis

VERY NICELY DONE!  Thank you Kelsos!
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Roadrunner

Great plugin, thank you Kelsos!

Just a very tiny thing: First, I thought album covers don't change every time, but it just took a few seconds to load. Maybe there's a possibility to preload it when next track is from another album?

kelsos

Roadrunner could I have more info about the device were this happens?

Roadrunner

Thx for the quick response, kelsos. Today, I tried it again, and what should I say? Now, it takes less than one second to change the picture... So, I don't know, what was the reason for the delay yesterday: slow network, having the app a long time open, large pictures, trying out too many things...? This way is of course no need to change anything!

By the way: Is there a possibility to close the App completely without using a task manager?

kelsos

I plan to add an exit button soon this will come in an update in few days along with a few fixes for crashes (on the settings menu) I found through the google play developer console. 

kelsos

There is a dedicated page for the application up with info and help (some of the things are also on the first page of this topic), also soon there will be a minor update on Google play 0.2.3.1 that fixes two issues that would cause a crash when saving the settings.

I also want to say that I would appreciate your feedback on any shortcomings or things that I might missed while creating the app or any suggestions on how to improve things.

Alexis

I am using a htc sensation with ICS.

I have to say that the application really amazed me with how far forward it has come, but in the spirit of moving further forward and refining:.

If i were to make any suggestion would be as stated before.. an exit button
I would also like to have the ability  to toggle between  multiple addresses.. eg: If i have Musicbee on two different computers, being able to toggle between them without having to remember the ip address for each.

Those are all I have to suggest at this point, Thank you.
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Roadrunner

I plan to add an exit button soon this will come in an update in few days along with a few fixes for crashes (on the settings menu) I found through the google play developer console.  
When I first used your app, I thought the connection button (no 7) has exactly this functionality: As on a good old remote control, switch on/switch off... I pressed it, and what happened? Right, it restarted the connection after a very short time! Well, after three times or so, I read your instructions on the first page of this thread and realized that it was intentional. ::)

I'm not sure if it would be technically possible: One could change the behavior to toggle between connect and disconnect state. The meaning of a long press could stay at reconnect. And if I leave your app when there is no open connection you could also shutdown the whole app? This way no separate exit button would be needed!

Diandi

MusicBee is absolutely complete for me now.

For some reason I can't get to connect via hostname. I have to put my windows hostname right? the one that appears when entering "hostname" via command promt? Via IP works  flawlessly but since I'm not the only connection in my network my local IP keeps changing.

If you want help translating to spanish please PM me.

kelsos

Diandi to connect via hostname locally you would need a router that has some kind of dns server functionality for the local network, so it could know how to translate the hostname to your IP. Also sometimes on routers with this kinds of functionality the router may assign a different domain or host than the one set on your pc.  If that's not the case and if you have access to the router interface you could either increase the leasing time or make it assign you the same IP permanently, there are lots of ways for this to be done but it depends on the router.

Roadrunner I could probably make it close the connection with the connection button.  However there are a lot of possible issues that could arise with the second part, so I believe that the exit menu option would be better because it gives the user the option to either let the application run in the background or completely close it. On the other hand if there is an exit option the application would disconnect on exit. Would there be a cause where someone would need to disconnect the application manually and let it running in the background?