Author Topic: MusicBee Remote (Remote Control for Android)  (Read 496998 times)

Iasc

the track name always updates but the lyrics stay the same. when i tried it earlier the timestamps were gone but they are back on it now. 95% of my music has embedded unsynchronised lyrics and 55% also has synchronised lyrics embedded so maybe when i tried earlier it was a track that didn't have synchronised lyrics. no change in the progress bar. as you can see the track name and artists is different but the lyrics stay the same. the picture that shows the progress bar is only about 20 seconds into the track.

Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 07:12:49 AM by iasc

kelsos

Ok I have a few things in mind on what to look at least for the lyrics...
i ll will do some test on the progress bar too..

vitaminb12

Brilliant! Some great progress being made here!!!

Some constructive feedback: I would like the track progress bar to be bigger...maybe as big as the volume bar with the art spanning the whole screen.
Also would someday like to be able to search by genre, artist etc from the app.
I guess its the resolution on my Galaxy nexus but there is empty space to the right of the power / scroble buttons.

Good skills though and I appreciate the hard work you are putting in to this... hope you get it in the Play store soon!

kelsos

The playlist management / library searching feature will be will be the first major thing I will start working after the applications gets in Play. Could you send me a screenshot of how it appears in Galaxy Nexus... I will work on an adjusted layout for the nexus. The design part and logo are mainly work of some friends with a bit of feedback by myself.

I am waiting for some feedback to see/solve some issues that I might have missed before getting it on play. After this testing period is over and some issues get fixed the application will get to play. That's why I really appreciate the feedback. The account is ready along with whatever material is asked by google.

vitaminb12

Here it is on the Galaxy nexus... even on a big screen the skip bar is a little fiddly.

Personally I'd like to see the Album art span the whole screen from left to right.
The power/scrobble/shuffle horizontal across the top
And the Play/Stop controls nearer the bottom... with perhaps even a star rating option!
Just my opinion, as I'm sure everyone has their preferences.

I'll keep testing it for you though buddy!... working great so far!

Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 09:03:59 PM by vitaminb12

jcinacio

Greetings,

Just thought i'd share my appreciation for this plugin/app.

Had a few issues before (poor wireless connection made the application unresponsive), however it's now working great.
One minor detail - The apostrophe (') seems to cut a song's title ("song's title" becomes "song").

Searching the library would be pure awesomeness - personally, I would donate/pay a small fee for this.
Another minor feature would be an option to reset the volume back up after the incoming call.

Also, any plans to release the source? either the plugin and/or the app would be interesting.

Finally, keep up the really great work, i'm sure many more people appreciate it.

Thanks

vitaminb12

Ditto... get this in the market and I'll happily pay if it keeps you developing!

kelsos

Thank you tomorrow after work I will start working on a layout that utilizes the Nexus screen better.

jcinacio, I will check it tomorrow. also I will keep in mind the automatic volume restoration.

The library search feature/playlist management is the next major think I am gonna implement after I get the application on Google Play (as I mentioned before this is going to happen after fixing the issues of this version).

Yes there are plans for the future to make it open source and upload it to GitHub, probably under the 3 clause New BSD license, but that will happen either after I am satisfied with the state of the application or if I completely stop the development on it.

Iasc

when i started the remote today got this error on music bee. music bee then shut down when i closed the error popup.

MusicBee v2.0.4663.29086 (Win6.1), 8 Oct 2012 18:42:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.RetrieveCurrentTrackLyrics()
   at MusicBeePlugin.ProtocolHandler.<ProcessIncomingMessage>b__2()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

kelsos

It seems the apostrophe issue also affects the playlist vview... it only happens on android 2.2/2.3, 4+ seems to be fine. It will be solved in the next build.

jamburglar

Any hope for iOS support? That's the only thing stopping me from making the full switch to MusicBee.

kelsos

I don't think so.. I don't have access to a mac so I have no actual machine to develop an iOS version and then there is the entrance fee...

marZey

Can not get a connection on my galaxy nexus, I've port forwarded the port 3000, still nothing, getting "client is not allowed" message when trying to connect.

Should I be port forwarding on the IP address of my PC or my android phone to gain access?

EDIT: Herpa Derpa, I had address filtering set to my PC IP, not my android IP. Hence the connection refusal, working all fine now :D
Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 12:10:11 PM by marZey

kelsos

Check the ip filtering options on the plugin dll. The "client not allowed" message should appear when you are force disconnected due to the IP filtering on the plugin.

houston

Great Tool, that was what i searched for! :) (Using my Android as a remote very often and music will be streamed from my pc via bluetooth to my stereo ;) )

But i have a problem, i cant see the "Now Playing" list :(
It is just empty.
Runnung Desire HD wirh Trickdroid 3.0.0 (ICS)