Author Topic: MusicBee Remote (Remote Control for Android)  (Read 496905 times)

Iasc

no messages, when you skip tracks the lyrics don't change and are from an earlier played track. when i stop using the remote for a while when i go back to using it it will show the lyrics of the currently playing track but then it stays with those lyrics for as long as im using it. it is showing synchronised lyrics including the timestamps not unsynchronised lyrics - don't know if that makes a difference. the progress bar shows as empty for a second then once the track starts playing it immediately jumps to full.

kelsos

could you send me a screenshot or something as an example for the lyrics... I might have a few ideas on what might go wrong but a suggestion for a track with synchronized lyrics to test it would be fine too.

What about the track durations underneath the progress bar? are they updating to the right values?

Maleko12

Windows Firewall is allowing MB connections (otherwise I don't think last.fm would work). The previous version wouldn't work at all on my phone (it kept crashing without fail). I have a LG Optimus S running Android Gingerbread (2.3.3). It used to work before on FroYo until my phone had an update.

Iasc

the duration is always 0 on the left and the track length on the right. do you want a screenshot from my pc or from the android app. i have uploaded a track with synchronised lyrics for you. all my tracks have unsynchronised lyrics as well, a choice to use  the unsynchronised lyrics might stop the problem. (just and idea - don't have a clue really)

Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 07:06:11 AM by iasc

kelsos

The error means that the client was refused connection to the target machine/couldn't find the target machine. Even with IP filtering on the plugin you shouldn't get either of these messages you should at least get connected to the socket (red glow icon).

The firewall has different rules for outgoing and incoming connections so it still might be a firewall issue, MB connects to last.fm (out) the plugin listens for connections (in).

The android app iasc. ok got the track but I think you should remove it from the reply. also can you tell me the version of musicbee used?

Maleko12

OK, tried another method (*cough*PDANet*cough*) and at least I'm getting a "Connection Timed Out" (not surprised by that message, considering the 3G I have probably isn't fast enough for a connection). Not sure why my connection doesn't like inbound connections from MB.

This is sounding just like my issue with SubSonic (http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=1588.105). Except I'm on a completely new computer (old one crashed). So something is up big time in my configuration I guess. Not sure why this is happening to me.
Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 07:30:12 AM by Maleko12

kelsos

wait what kind of setups did you use to connect to the plugin? wifi? public ip through 3g? If you tried to connect through 3g and through the public IP to the machine that's should be expected... Usually the calls to internal network are either cut by the firewall of the router or even if they are not unless you specify a port forwarding to a specific machine the router wouldn't know what to do with the incoming connection.

On the instructions I usually that the two machines (MusicBee plugin running) and the phone are in the same lan (for example the phone is connected by wifi to the router and the computer by ethernet or both are connected by wifi) and they get their addresses from the same router. On different setups and through public networks it should also work but it would require a little bit more to work.

Maleko12

Read my edited post :P And I'm just using a Motorola modem. I don't have wi-fi. Right now my profiles for MB (both TCP and UDP) are set to all.
Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 07:36:10 AM by Maleko12

kelsos

So you use your external address to connected and the 3g? (modem adsl?) It could be either the modem dropping the connections/not forwarding them properly or some block on ISP level? on the android application you use the external ip right?

Maleko12

Hang on...

I was just testing my phone on PDANet to see if anything changed... I got a "Connection Timed Out"

I use my DSL Motorola Modem to connect to the internet normally.

As something... different, I tried to temporarily allow all incoming connections to see if it is the firewall itself... no change. I'm going to restart the computer and see if anything changes.

And on the Android application, I'm just using the IPv4 address.

Iasc

took down the link. heres the screenshot. version 2.0.4657

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

kelsos

ok the part of removing the timestamp should be easy the other part will require some testing I have no clue why it is happening. On the gingerbread emulator everything works fine... I ll do some testing to see if I can find any clues...

kelsos

Ok there is a newer version up there is some issue fixing and optimization on the android app front. Some minor tweaks and and there is an indicator for the playing track in the now playing list.

There is a known problem though if the playing track changes when you are in the playlist view the indicator will not update properly..

On the plugin the only change is that it will remove the timestamp information if found on lyrics.

Iasc

the time stamps are gone and the indicator works. no change on the lyrics updating or the progress bar.

kelsos

on the lyrics updating issue what about the artist/title on the top? does it update properly? also are all of your lyrics embedded to the tracks? or downloaded automatically.. maybe I missed something there...

so the change for the progress bar didn't work :/