Author Topic: MusicBee Remote (Remote Control for Android)  (Read 497173 times)

vitaminb12

Great work on this app buddy keep it up!!

I recently converted from Media Monkey, then gave Foobar a go... MB combined with your plugin rocks!

kelsos

A quick update I'll try to get the release apk ready as soon as possible, unfortunately I run across some issues when building with maven and it will take me a little more than I had originally planned due to tight schedule during the weekdays.

kelsos

Yesterday night I managed to create a signed release build and get it working without crashing. At the moment I tested it only on my device... Tonight after work I will get it tested on the emulator for Froyo and Gingerbread (2.2/2.3) Android and after that if everything goes ok (I hope so) a release version will be uploaded.

kelsos

I am not really sure if I am forgetting something, at this point I am so tired I can't think of anything else... more but here is the update... check the front page.... I am waiting for feedback

Iasc

Iasc

one thing i have noticed is that the progress bar underneath the artwork doesnt move and is always full.  android version 2.3.4  Sony Ericsson wt1pi
Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 03:28:29 AM by iasc

Iasc

also the lyrics don't update for the playing track. the lyrics that show up for every track are the lyrics from the first track i used the remote with.

Iasc

other than those 2 issues it works perfectly and looks great, thanks kelsos.

one minor request i would have is that when you go to the now playing window that it opens with the currently playing track highlighted ( i am playing  a playlist with 600 songs).

great work kelsos - will get a lot of use out of this.

Maleko12

Hello... everytime I put in an address in MB, after I apply and save it, it doesn't save it in the program. So when I try to put it in the app, I keep getting either "Connection Refused" or "Network Unreachable".

Iasc

what address? i didn't have to anything on the music be side expect put the plugin in the plugins folder. i just used the default port of 3000 and put my ip address and the same port in the android app.

kelsos

Maleko12 the problem is with the Specify Address option right? I had some issues yesterday night too so I will check it right away...  

iasc that's really weird with the lyrics if you change the track you get no lyrics not found/lyrics retrieving messages? the version of musicbee used is the latest rc? I ll try to emulated it somehow. Also on the progress bar I have an idea of what goes wrong... so I know exactly what to search, If you go to the next track does for example does it stay full and in that case too? I ll put the highlight feature on my todo list

Maleko12

Yup, Specify Address. But I still get that issue even if I have it at "All" And should the app be on the phone, or on the SD Card? Or does it matter?

kelsos

Ok the connection refused/network unreachable shouldn't happen if everything was ok.. Any chance there is a firewall up or something blocking the connections? did you run the previous version on the machine? did it work fine?