Author Topic: MusicBee Remote (Remote Control for Android)  (Read 496936 times)

foxwelljsly

Hey, I'm trying to load the plugin on a W10 PC so I can use the remote app, but the install button is greyed out. all other apps are closed. Any ideas?

weare

Hi Kelsos,
I installed mbremote in 2013 and it's been great,  I just updated to v1.4.1, so I thought I'd make a request. I have 44,000 tracks and albums in my library so I setup a heap of playlists to simplify things - sometimes I wonder which playlist is selecting songs but the app can't tell me - would you mind adding that info please
Kind Regards

Mahesh

Hi Kelsos,  MB Remote is working great with 1.4.1 plugin.   Showing Lyrics  is also great.  Along with lyrics, if  Lyricst and Composer fields are shown either in Lyrics page or Now Playing Page, it will be great.
Thanks

Hordeum

Until recently, MBR was working fine on my Win 10 but something has changed and now the plugin says stopped.  I've uninstalled it, reinstalled and that worked for that session, but the next time I logged on it reverted to Stopped.  The android App can't connect to the host as you can imagine.

Any ideas?

The log says:

2021-07-30 10:54:36.6002 [DEBUG]
MusicBeePlugin.AndroidRemote.Networking.ServiceDiscovery : 0
Discovery incoming message {"address":"192.168.1.xx","context":"discovery","name":null,"port":0}

2021-07-30 10:54:36.7962 [DEBUG]
Replying to 192.168.1.xx discovery message with System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.Object]

2021-07-30 10:54:57.7856 [DEBUG]
MusicBeePlugin.AndroidRemote.Networking.SocketServer : 0
Stopping socket service

Socket starts listening on port: 3000

2021-07-30 10:54:57.7856 [ERROR]
While starting the socket service
An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions

2021-07-30 10:55:00.2039 [DEBUG]
MusicBeePlugin.InfoWindow : 0
Tester Connection error
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

phred

• Global Moderator
but something has changed
Something can't just change on its own.

What version of MB are you using? (Help > About)
How was MB installed? (Store, Installer, Portable)
Did you update the plugin? Is the version of the plugin you're using now different from the version you were using when it worked?
Did you update MB? Is the version of MB you're using now different from the version you were using when it worked?
Did you update Windows?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Annie Body

I installed Musicbee nearly two years ago with the sole purpose of streaming with android control.
I have tried every version of remote since 1.1.0 and now the latests 1.4.1 still doesn't work!
The install folder is always greyed out and it will not install.
When can we expect to see a working version of Remote, or should I just give up waiting?

kelsos

Latest version detected as a virus by windows defender. I assume this is a false positive?

Edit - Trend Micro says it might be  ransomware. Not the first time I encounter this problem. Had it with another legit program.
Edit 2 - More on this, when I scan the exe, it says its clean. Only when I execute it, the AV warns me it might be a potential treat and to only execute it if its from a trusted source.

Hey musicocd2.0. Can you send me the exact message you see.

Unfortunately, the untrusted messages will appear every time I publish a new release, at least until the exe gathers enough reputation in the Windows SmartScreen. But this unfortunately will happen for each new upload.

The only way for the untrusted message to go away is if the binary is signed with a certificate issued by a certificate authority. I did search in the past for open-source friendly CAs but, the cheapest I could find with some good reviews was more than 100 euros per year or 65 per year if you got a 10-year valid one (so around 650 euros).

I will do a scan from a new machine to make sure it is not picked as a false positive. If that is the case I can submit it for a manual review.

BTW. awesome job with this plugin. Really useful, especially when I'm on my balcony and don't want to go back inside to change the music.  8)
This is the exact reason why I started building the app ;D

Hey, I'm trying to load the plugin on a W10 PC so I can use the remote app, but the install button is greyed out. all other apps are closed. Any ideas?

If you are using either the portable version of musicbee or the store version you need to use the zip file. The installer will not work. I hope this helps.

Hi Kelsos,  MB Remote is working great with 1.4.1 plugin.   Showing Lyrics  is also great.  Along with lyrics, if  Lyricst and Composer fields are shown either in Lyrics page or Now Playing Page, it will be great.
Thanks

I will open an issue.

Hi Kelsos,
I installed mbremote in 2013 and it's been great,  I just updated to v1.4.1, so I thought I'd make a request. I have 44,000 tracks and albums in my library so I setup a heap of playlists to simplify things - sometimes I wonder which playlist is selecting songs but the app can't tell me - would you mind adding that info please
Kind Regards

Could you describe how exactly this works? I am not sure how I would implement something like this.

Until recently, MBR was working fine on my Win 10 but something has changed and now the plugin says stopped.  I've uninstalled it, reinstalled and that worked for that session, but the next time I logged on it reverted to Stopped.  The android App can't connect to the host as you can imagine.

Any ideas?

The log says:

2021-07-30 10:54:36.6002 [DEBUG]
Discovery incoming message {"address":"192.168.1.xx","context":"discovery","name":null,"port":0}

2021-07-30 10:54:36.7962 [DEBUG]
Replying to 192.168.1.xx discovery message with System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.Object]

Stopping socket service

Socket starts listening on port: 3000

2021-07-30 10:54:57.7856 [ERROR]
While starting the socket service
An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions

2021-07-30 10:55:00.2039 [DEBUG]
MusicBeePlugin.InfoWindow : 0
Tester Connection error
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

The first thing I would check is any changes in the Windows Firewall. The firewall is always the first suspect when things stop working suddenly. Sometimes it will reset rules during an update. I would try to recreate the rules by hand.

I installed Musicbee nearly two years ago with the sole purpose of streaming with android control.
I have tried every version of remote since 1.1.0 and now the latests 1.4.1 still doesn't work!
The install folder is always greyed out and it will not install.
When can we expect to see a working version of Remote, or should I just give up waiting?

Is this the problem when trying to install with the installer? If you are using the portable version of MusicBee or the store one you need to install the plugin using the zip instead.
Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 07:26:48 PM by psychoadept

stardepp

Mit meiner Smartwatch (Realme Watch S Pro) kann ich MusicBee Remote fernsteuern:

https://imgur.com/fFu8GnM

Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 12:38:54 PM by stardepp

kelsos

With my smartwatch (Realme Watch S Pro) I can remote control MusicBee Remote:

Yes this is possible because I am using the media notification, so as long as you are connected to the phone via bluetooth and the remote is running you should be able to control it normally :)

stardepp

Yes, I am very grateful to you for programming this remote so well. I will thank you with a donation. But how can I do that?

kelsos

Yes, I am very grateful to you for programming this remote so well. I will thank you with a donation. But how can I do that?

You are welcome. You cannot currently do that, since I am not accepting any donations, but thanks anyway.

MalvGuy

New user of musicbee from using mediamonkey. All artwork visible in musicbee and is embedded in files.
However on remote library album view no album art is visible.
However in "now playing" the album art for the track is visible.
Any help welcome, many thanks

phred

• Global Moderator
You originally posted this in 'questions.' I moved it here since you're dealing with a plugin and by being here, the plugin developer has a better chance of seeing it.

However, you did not state -which- remote plugin you're using. If not this one (for Android) let me know which one you're using and I'll move this again.

Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

kelsos

New user of musicbee from using mediamonkey. All artwork visible in musicbee and is embedded in files.
However in "now playing" the album art for the track is visible.
Any help welcome, many thanks

Hey MalvGuy,

This is a bug and I am not sure of the cause at the moment. It seems that there is a state issue because according to users it works if you clear the data, but it happens again after a while. I have something in mind that I would like to try. Hopefully, depending on the available time I will start working on a fix soon. Would you be available to give it a try? If so please reach out to me via e-mail.