That is interesting. And you don't see any covers for any of the albums at all?I mean this in the sincerest and politest way possible: I really don't feel like going through all of this, at least not in the next few days/weeks. The app just has too many more glaring issues for me to warrant going through all of this hassle. If these issues weren't present, however, I'd be more inclined to help troubleshoot this new issue.
I am using a VM to develop with a similar setup but with half the albums.
For the application, you can enable logs this way: https://mbrc.kelsos.net/help/#other-settings and you can send them through the feedback screen.
I am gonna need the application's logs too.
For the plugin https://mbrc.kelsos.net/help/#configuration you need to also enable the debug log option and send me the file.
There are two problems I will have to figure out. The first is why do you have this bad performance problem, and the second is why the covers don't properly sync.
I was never able to use the app for anything more than a playback control interface anyway because it doesn't allow for sorting by path, meaning I can't even find my damn music because they're all sorted differently than what I'm used to. As well, scrolling through my library is a slog because there's no scroll bar to quickly scroll through my nearly 10k albums. I have to swipe up for 2 minutes just to reach the letter H.
As well, an even more glaring issue is the fact that queuing an item that already exists in the queue completely fucks with the now playing section and play order, making it play the first instance of the track as opposed to the new instance at the end of the queue. I don't remove songs from my queue, and it's at over 33k now, meaning this issue is widespread to pretty much any song I've ever listened to in the past, despite the Library Track Action being set to "Queue Next".
If you're able to fix these issues, then I can actually see myself using the app to add songs to my queue, and thus will be more than willing to help troubleshoot the recent issue with the artwork cache that affects this.
You may not remember me, but I believe I left feedback about this long time ago, perhaps in a review on the Play Store, mentioning winamp's aWARemote, and noting that if you can make the app more similar to that, I'd be willing to switch over to MusicBee, as at the time, that was the one factor preventing me from switching over. I've finally made the switch in 2020, and would thus really love for you to take another look at what makes aWARemote great and try to mimic its features into your app.
Don't worry it is completely understandable. Either way, I will somehow figure it out and provide a fix.
While I understand your frustration, since we are being honest and sincere here, you need to understand a couple of things.
First and most important is that this application and the plugin were practically abandoned for almost 4 years.
In 2020 I was seriously considering taking the application off Play Store and stoping development completely. When I actually took the app off Play Store because it was completely broken on Android 11, quite a few users reached out to me. It seems that even in its current state, the application provides value to them. This is the only reason I resumed the application development and started updating the application.
Also a small note, I don't personally use the application and the plugin other than for development since 2013, and all of the changes in the application are based on user feedback.
I am not getting anything out of the application. I don't charge for it, I don't display any ads and I don't ask for any compensation. I do both the development and support in my free time, I have a full-time job as a software developer, and this is a just side project of mine. I try my best to address feedback and help the users get the most value out of it. The only thing I ask in return is to receive help solving the issues, to provide the value back to the users.
I am sorry if you feel that your feedback was ignored, but some things are easier to address, and some require bigger structural changes first. I always try to evaluate the feedback based on what provides the most value to the most users and how easy or hard it would be to implement. If a great number of users reached out or have been asking for something specific for a long period that will also take priority.
The artwork support was one of these things that were long overdue by the way.
The fast scroll was something that required re-evaluation and the choice was between having a version that works on Android 11 and not having a version that works on Android 11 at all for months.
With that being said thank you for bringing the issue to my attention and thank you for your time.