Author Topic: MusicBee Remote (Remote Control for Android)  (Read 496914 times)

Benj

I try to configure manually the port 3000 in the Windows's firewall.
Exactly the same like this in windows 7.

But it always fail to connect.
Is anyone got a solution ?

Cook1e

This add-on/app is brilliant, many thanks! Worked first time and does just what I want. Can I donate?

Nightlander

Thanks a lot for the great app! I am trying to set up the remote plugin but can't seem to connect my android device to the host. It looks like a similar problem to the previous comments on this thread, so it might be the same bug. Basically, after installing the plugin, I get a settings window with a wrong IP in the private address list. When I try to specify the correct IP, it doesn't appear on the address list. Also, I cannot connect from the Android app. When I scan, it gives a "A remote service could not be found". When I try manually, it gives another error message.

I have also installed the fix you provided on the previous page. This prevents the desktop app from giving a Stopped prompt when specifying an address, but it doesn't solve the connection problem, at least in my case. I have tried different ports, with no result. These are some of the messages I get in the debug log:

2017-07-17 01:06:19.0727 [DEBUG]
MusicBeePlugin.AndroidRemote.Networking.SocketServer : 0
Socket starts listening on port: 3000

2017-07-17 01:06:19.0727 [ERROR]
While starting the socket service
Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted

broadcasting message BroadcastMessages: 2={"context":"nowplayinglyrics","data":"Lyrics Not Found"};3={"context":"nowplayinglyrics","data":{"status":404,"lyrics":""}}, _content: nowplayinglyrics

MusicBeePlugin.AndroidRemote.Networking.ServiceDiscovery : 0
Starting discovery listener at 239.1.5.10:45345 for interface 192.168.0.103

2017-07-17 01:06:21.9851 [DEBUG]
MusicBeePlugin.InfoWindow : 0
Selected source is -> Library

2017-07-17 01:06:21.9921 [DEBUG]
07/17/2017 01:06:21 : OnClientConnect Exception : The IAsyncResult object was not returned from the corresponding asynchronous method on this class.
Parameter name: asyncResult

2017-07-17 01:06:21.9921 [DEBUG]
07/17/2017 01:06:21 : OnClientConnect Exception : You must call the Bind method before performing this operation.

2017-07-17 01:07:11.8554 [ERROR]
While starting the socket service
Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted

2017-07-17 01:07:18.9768 [DEBUG]
sending-all: {"context":"ping","data":""}

2017-07-17 01:07:18.9768 [DEBUG]
Ping: 16/07/2017 18:07:18

I would really appreciate some help. Maybe it´s a simple thing I am overlooking!

Got same error with socket being already in use, then I looked at the installed plugins and musicbee remote was listed there twice... No wonder socket was in use; both of those instances were active. After initial setup of copying the .dll to plugins folder, another copy of the plugin appeared to user\appdata\roaming\musicbee\plugins folder as well and for the times I tried, it got copied there automatically. So I just deleted the one in program files and after that it pretty much worked except for the one thing...

Android itself. Firstly, had to disable notifications as it was seriously sucking battery. Then, if it was first run of the app, everything worked. BUT if app was previously being used and I relaunched it, it showed the track where it was left off when lastly used, not the track that was currently playing. Also could not control the playback any more although connection worked just fine and dandy. Then I tried to remove app history from phone and relaunch app and what do you know... it worked! Basically had to do that every time before opening the app… It seemed as if it would have worked if I had kept notifications on and it was constantly updating the position, too constantly as it was pretty much emptying the battery. Phone is nokia 8 with latest android.

department

Hi I am just now starting to use MusicBee and found this plugin. I have downloaded the plugin and it runs just fine, saying running. I have download the app onto my phone and i scan and i find my laptop. From here I press the power button, but nothing happens and the app says offline. I haven't gotten any error messages the app just wont change from offline to connected. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

serenepdx

I use PIA VPN on my Android phone.  When I disconnect the VPN, MBR connnects.  As soon as I turn the VPN back on, MBR switches to "authenticating" followed by "Offline."  Does MusicBee Remote work if you use a VPN on your phone?  I use my phone and pc for my business, so it's a basic security tool.  Thanks!
Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 07:20:56 AM by serenepdx

Mauser69

First of all, thank you very very much for creating this and making it available to us!  When I want to do some serious playing of various music on my main stereo, it is a real pain to have to keep running back and forth to the PC to find and que what I want, so this app would be a god-send.  But basic playback function seems to be terribly flawed - I hope that I am simply missing some configuration options.  Here is what I find problematic:

Finding a particular album is not too hard, and it is simple to start playing any track by just clicking on it, but at that point, the frustrations begin.  Once the playback starts, there are no visible player controls!  There seems to be no way at all to to control, even simply STOP the playback without going backwards through all the screens I just drilled down through to find the song in the first place.  The mini player at the bottom does not show up until I get all the way back out to the main Library screen (generally rolling back through three screens if I started drilling down via Genres).  And if I want to go back into the library to change what is playing or add something else to the que, that player AGAIN disappears until I get all the way back to the main screen!

Is there any way to change this behavior?  I think the playback controls should always be available, but at a minimum, the main hamburger menu should be available from anywhere in the app, allowing a quick jump to where we need to go.  Thanks for listening.

(I just started testing the Remote app with MusicBee.  I am running W10 and I believe the most current version of MB.  I installed the plugin and downloaded the Android app this morning, so all should be current.  The app connected and worked immediately with all default settings. I have tested the app on both Android 4.1 and Android 7.0, and all seems the same on both.)

late

I use PIA VPN on my Android phone.  When I disconnect the VPN, MBR connnects.  As soon as I turn the VPN back on, MBR switches to "authenticating" followed by "Offline."  Does MusicBee Remote work if you use a VPN on your phone?  I use my phone and pc for my business, so it's a basic security tool.  Thanks!

Try going to the settings and tapping on the "block local network" option. If you have VPN on your PC too, you might have to disable local network blocking from your PC VPN as well.

serenepdx

Yes!  Thank you Mr. Late. Unclicking block local networks on my phone solved the problem. I had assumed the problem was due to a MB or MBR upgrade, but indeed the settings on PIA VPN must have changed.

ikofig

Doesn't work!  Installed the plugin on desktop and app on Android.  App will not find connection ("remote service could not be found")  Manually entering information does not work either.

Bazmataz

I sure hope I haven't missed the answer... But the remote isn't working for me...
I've opened the port..
I downloaded the .exe and it didn't work so I did it by adding the .zip.. unintalled one of them..
It's not working...
Let me add some screenshots to try and help someone direct me in the right way.

The last one I think I sorted out when I uninstalled the 2nd remote plugin.

Steven

• Administrator
i dont think the author is able to maintain this plugin anymore and was looking for someone to take it over

https://github.com/kelsos/mbrc-plugin

Bazmataz

Dang! So ahh I'm screwed then haha..
Do you Know if that means the plugin doesn't work anymore at all?

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Do you Know if that means the plugin doesn't work anymore at all?

It works just fine for me, no problem at all!
Freddy

phred

• Global Moderator
The fact that the author isn't maintaining the plugin any longer doesn't mean it won't work. It may. Or it may not. But if it doesn't, or if a bug is found, it's not very likely the author will do anything about it. By posting your problem/issue here in this thread, you -might- get help from others who are using it successfully.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here