Author Topic: MusicBee Remote (Remote Control for Android)  (Read 497141 times)

Carlos_SI

Thanks a lot for the great app! I am trying to set up the remote plugin but can't seem to connect my android device to the host. It looks like a similar problem to the previous comments on this thread, so it might be the same bug. Basically, after installing the plugin, I get a settings window with a wrong IP in the private address list. When I try to specify the correct IP, it doesn't appear on the address list. Also, I cannot connect from the Android app. When I scan, it gives a "A remote service could not be found". When I try manually, it gives another error message.

I have also installed the fix you provided on the previous page. This prevents the desktop app from giving a Stopped prompt when specifying an address, but it doesn't solve the connection problem, at least in my case. I have tried different ports, with no result. These are some of the messages I get in the debug log:

I had the same problem. The "wrong" IP addresses were from the virtual machines I'd created.
I had to configure the connection in my phone manually without worrying about that list, but selecting tu update firewall. The scan couldn't find my laptop

titule

I downloaded 1.1.0 installer and tried to install on windows 109 (with admin rights)

Cant install it because the Install-button is greyed out. No hint why. Trying to choose another installation directory is impossible because in the dialog I can't choose one: the Ok button is greye. No hint why.

Frankie

I downloaded 1.1.0 installer and tried to install on windows 109 (with admin rights)

Cant install it because the Install-button is greyed out. No hint why. Trying to choose another installation directory is impossible because in the dialog I can't choose one: the Ok button is greye. No hint why.
Titule: The same thing happened to me, the install button was greyed out. I figured that the reason is the plugin does not work with the MusiBee Windows 10 app. You have to use the desktop "exe" version of MusicBee instead. Also it was blocked by the firewall.

cnewman88

Hello!

I have no idea if anyone is able to help me? I'm trying to use the musicbee remote app for android. I have the music bee player installed aswell as the musicbee remote plugin. On MusicBee if i go to tools - Musicbee remote I can see the connection settings. (Port: 3000) and my IP address. When i go to Settings - manage connections in the app Ive typed both the IP address and the port but I'm still unable to connect? The only thing I noticed was on the home page of the music bee remote app it says offline. How do I get it online? (My phone and laptop are both connected to the wifi). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Patjo

Hello

If you are using win10 app of MusicBee, look here :) Works perfekt now!

(From the .zip download)

If you are using the microsoft store version of MusicBee then you need to install the plugin using the zip file.
Go to MusicBee->Edit->Preferences and then locate the Plugins settings.
In the Plugins settings page you will find a button Add Plugin. Locate the downloaded zip and open it on the through the selection dialog.

After selecting the zip you should be greeted with the MusicBee Remote plugin settings dialog.

Bigmelwalter

Hello

If you are using win10 app of MusicBee, look here :) Works perfekt now!

(From the .zip download)

If you are using the microsoft store version of MusicBee then you need to install the plugin using the zip file.
Go to MusicBee->Edit->Preferences and then locate the Plugins settings.
In the Plugins settings page you will find a button Add Plugin. Locate the downloaded zip and open it on the through the selection dialog.

After selecting the zip you should be greeted with the MusicBee Remote plugin settings dialog.

Here is the official Github link for the zip file that Patjo is talking about for those that need it.  8)

MusicBee Remote Control Plugin v1.1.0

blueriver

I have musicbee remote installed on my Android tablet and phone.  Musicbee remote loses functionality and connection during playback.  Also, won't complete refresh of library as it loses connection.  Advice?

dontfollowme

In line with the above post would also be nice to more easily add the current track/album to an existing (or even new) playlist.

+1

kelsos

blueriver, I am working on optimizations for the library metadata sync, when I have time and energy, unfortunately, work doesn't leave me with enough energy/time to spend working on the remote so the progress is really slow.

On development syncing now is now really faster, though I am not really sure if the application is in a state I could get a beta out.

Also, the greatest annoyance in the previous version is that I drop all the data before syncing. This essentially means that not only is slow but essentially the library data get wiped each time you start a refresh.
The new mechanism will do proper updates and will not delete out of date entries before the sync operation is complete.

dontfollowme, this is planned but I will have to finish working on the optimizations.

gobuddy99

Another person with the offline problem here - I couldn't find any suggested solution sadly:  I have the music bee player installed with  music bee remote plugin. On MusicBee if i go to tools - Musicbee remote I can see the connection settings. (Port: 3000) and my IP address. When i go to Settings - manage connections in the Android app I can't connect maunally or automatically.
 I noticed was on the home page of the music bee remote app it says offline. How do I get it online?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Benj

Bonjour,

To start, thank you for this application, really effective.
I was able to test it on a Windows 7 PC.

I installed the Windows Store app MusicBee on my Windows 10 laptop, and I would also like to use the remote with this one.

I managed to install the Plug-In via the link for the .dll file (impossible to launch the original .exe file as I use the application of the store, and not the "classic").

But impossible here to do function.
Exactly like in the previous post of gobuddy99, the android app does not recognize activation.
I have the impression that the problem is the Windows FireWall.
When I want to save in ticking "update the firewall", I have software error messages.

Thank you in advance for your solutions.

Cordially.

kelsos

Bonjour,

To start, thank you for this application, really effective.
I was able to test it on a Windows 7 PC.

I installed the Windows Store app MusicBee on my Windows 10 laptop, and I would also like to use the remote with this one.

I managed to install the Plug-In via the link for the .dll file (impossible to launch the original .exe file as I use the application of the store, and not the "classic").

But impossible here to do function.
Exactly like in the previous post of gobuddy99, the android app does not recognize activation.
I have the impression that the problem is the Windows FireWall.
When I want to save in ticking "update the firewall", I have software error messages.

Thank you in advance for your solutions.

Cordially.

The installer doesn't work for the Store version, but I have a zip version that should work properly.
The firewall auto-updating functionality requires an extra executable that actually runs with administrative permissions and updates the firewall rules. There is a high chance that this can't work with the Windows Store version or that the executable is missing.

Your best change here would be to try and enable the port manually.
If you search on Google for "how to open a port in Windows 7 firewall" you should find a lot of video tutorials and guides on how to open a port in Windows Firewall.

You just have to allow incoming connections to the port the remote's plugin is listening to. You can find this port in the plugin's configuration panel.

If the firewall is allowing the connections, then it could be something with the network setup.

gobuddy99 & Benj is there any specific error that you get on the android application?

Benj

Thank you for the quick reply.
I managed to install the plug-in using the .zip file. Indeed, the exe is problematic with the version of the Store.

In the application MusicBee, I see the config panel of the remote, but I feel that nothing happens when I click Save.

By checking on update firewall then on save, I have error messages that I indicate at the end of this message.

When to Android application, no message except that it failed to connect (automatic or manual).

Thanks again !
This remote is really a good job ;-)
I hope I can use it on my laptop.

-----------------------------------------
MusicBee v3.1.6590.33030 (Win10.0), 19 juin 2018 22:00:

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Le fichier spécifié est introuvable
   à System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   à System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
   à System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   à MusicBeePlugin.InfoWindow.UpdateFirewallRules(UInt32 port)
   à MusicBeePlugin.InfoWindow.HandleSaveButtonClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 07:21:00 AM by Benj