Author Topic: MusicBee Remote (Remote Control for Android)  (Read 496967 times)

clriis

Hi,

I really love the changes made to the plugin/app!

Was really super to have the Album Artist option included. Could it also be implemented for sorting in Genres?

Also it would be nice to have the albums sorted chronologically under each album artist.

I'm really looking forward to see if the next version includes support for Podcasts and Radio.

Also, last but not least: I am really thrilled if there will be support for changing Audio Output (in connection with using the UPnP plugin). In that way it will be possible to change between different DLNA renderers.

Thanks!

kelsos

Radios will be in the next update, podcasts are under consideration with a high probability of being added.
Switching audio output is part of the plugin, though the api implementation will change before release, I will have to think of an easy way to add the switching to the application.

At some point I will also add sorting not sure about when though

bradmmm

Love this app, use it every day! I was wondering though, is there a way to remove the mini-player in the notifications bar? Not all the time, it's awesome when I'm not at my PC, but when I'm sitting at the PC with headphones in I don't need the remote. Killing the app doesn't remove it, turning wifi on and off doesn't remove it. I can't seem to find an option in the settings or anything. I would love to just be able to swipe to remove it like all other media players.

This is my only problem though, and it's definitely a small one! Not a big deal at all.

Keep up the good work!

clriis

Love this app, use it every day! I was wondering though, is there a way to remove the mini-player in the notifications bar? Not all the time, it's awesome when I'm not at my PC, but when I'm sitting at the PC with headphones in I don't need the remote. Killing the app doesn't remove it, turning wifi on and off doesn't remove it. I can't seem to find an option in the settings or anything. I would love to just be able to swipe to remove it like all other media players.

If you use the App "Greenify" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oasisfeng.greenify&hl=en) for killing/stopping Apps Musicbee remote will also be stopped.

kelsos

This is my only problem though, and it's definitely a small one! Not a big deal at all.

Keep up the good work!

Hi there,

Killing the application wouldn't work since I can't terminate the "media session" properly and the system thinks that the media session is still active, thus is shows you the notification and it won't allow you to hide it. However if you don't need the application, exiting through the Exit option in the side menu should close the connection and terminate the session. This should also hide the notification.

Sani

Hi everyone,

I just installed Musicbee Remote on my Huawei P8 Lite phone and installed the plugin in my laptop. The app detected my laptop and current playing song also appears on the main screen but as soon as the app starts, it turns off automatically. It was working fine before i installed the plugin and laptop was detected. It stays hardly for 2 seconds and shuts down. I tried several times and couldn't figure out the issue. Please help. Thank you.

kelsos

Hi everyone,

I just installed Musicbee Remote on my Huawei P8 Lite phone and installed the plugin in my laptop. The app detected my laptop and current playing song also appears on the main screen but as soon as the app starts, it turns off automatically. It was working fine before i installed the plugin and laptop was detected. It stays hardly for 2 seconds and shuts down. I tried several times and couldn't figure out the issue. Please help. Thank you.

Hi there,

Do you by any chance run Android 5.0 on P8 Lite? there was a notification related bug with P8's Android 5.0 based OS that would crash any application trying to show some types of notifications (like the media notification showed by MusicBee Remote after connection).

Unfortunately there is no way to fix it on the application side, though I am under the impression that it was fixed in a later OS (6.0) update.
Regardless, the application includes an option in settings Notification Control that allows you to disable the notification display. Since the error is related to the notification, this option might help you avoid the bug. 

Sani

Hi there,

Do you by any chance run Android 5.0 on P8 Lite? there was a notification related bug with P8's Android 5.0 based OS that would crash any application trying to show some types of notifications (like the media notification showed by MusicBee Remote after connection).

Unfortunately there is no way to fix it on the application side, though I am under the impression that it was fixed in a later OS (6.0) update.
Regardless, the application includes an option in settings Notification Control that allows you to disable the notification display. Since the error is related to the notification, this option might help you avoid the bug.  

Yes, I am running Android 5.0.1 on P8 Lite. But the problem has been solved now and the app is working fine now.

Notification Control didn't solve it, it was still minimizing the app once it's opened. So by your post i came to know that the issue is related to Notifications so i went ahead into system settings and turned off all the notifications for MusicBee Remote and it's working okay now. Thanks for the help Kelsos.

Nokiaman

Please add custom sorting. Browsing albums by ither names is hell :(

kelsos

Please add custom sorting. Browsing albums by ither names is hell :(

Any sorting scheme you have in mind? I can't support all the schemes MusicBee supports since I only cache a subset of the metadata available. But If something is useful I could add it.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Hi Kelsos....

Am loving MB and finding the MB Remote to be very useful as my media server PC is under the TV and I'm on the sofa at the other end of the room  ;)

Would be really cool, if it were possible to switch views from Main, Compact and Theatre Views from a 'button' on the remote...PLEASE!
I also left a review and similar message on the Google Play store for the Remote App...

Best Regards:  ::) 

Barbarian

Hi Kelsos,

I'm having a similar problem that was mentioned by user erx in post #454 : I'm running MusicBee version 3.0.6335 and the Remote app v1.1.0.1456 on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. My device is an LG V10, if that matters (the app store reviews have no V10 reviews).

When I install and configure the plug-in, all ports seem to reflect a running status, even those that are actively being used by other processes, so I keep it on the default 3000. If I change the address filter from All to Range or Specific it will come back as stopped. When I scan on the app, I get the "A remote service could not be found" message every single time. Occasionally, usually while I'm changing ports, I will get a message that says something "timed out" but it only pops up for about a second and it seems so random that I can't get a screenshot of it.

Any help would be fantastic.

kelsos

Hi Kelsos,

I'm having a similar problem that was mentioned by user erx in post #454 : I'm running MusicBee version 3.0.6335 and the Remote app v1.1.0.1456 on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. My device is an LG V10, if that matters (the app store reviews have no V10 reviews).

When I install and configure the plug-in, all ports seem to reflect a running status, even those that are actively being used by other processes, so I keep it on the default 3000. If I change the address filter from All to Range or Specific it will come back as stopped. When I scan on the app, I get the "A remote service could not be found" message every single time. Occasionally, usually while I'm changing ports, I will get a message that says something "timed out" but it only pops up for about a second and it seems so random that I can't get a screenshot of it.

Any help would be fantastic.
Hi there

Try this and see if it helps
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5tmpdnen32pp161/mb_remote_loopback_proper.7z

bobbert

Hi

Musicbee remote is excellent. It would be really useful in the Library view if we could select by other tags besides the four (Genres, Artists, Albums, Tracks) that are currently available. In particular, I would find it really helpful to be able to select by composer when I am interested in classical music.

Thanks for an excellent app.