Author Topic: HDCD decoding  (Read 56207 times)

superstar19

As for the 24-bit ripping, I still have all my HDCD discs, but I don't have a ton of motivation to go back and re-rip them @ 24 bits (my collection includes just about everything the Grateful Dead have released on CD).
Since posting this, I have discovered that CUEtools will do the "24-bit" HDCD decoding to already ripped HDCD encoded FLAC files so you don't necessarily have to pull out your actual CDs if you've already ripped 'em once.

Steven

• Administrator
you can do the same when ripping with musicbee

superstar19

you can do the same when ripping with musicbee

Oh wow, thanks.  Didn't realize that.  I'll have to give that a try.

AaronM

Is there an updated version of this plugin? I keep getting errors when trying to import it.

I'm on version 3.3.7367 (Windows, not the Store version)

phred

• Global Moderator
Is there an updated version of this plugin? I keep getting errors when trying to import it.
What are you trying to import? Please read the installation/use instructions in the first post
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
try using the non-store version of musicbee

djony

I have the same problem too that HDCD plugin will not work anymore in Windows 10 20H2. Perhaps some issue with Visual C runtime that this plugin was compiled long time ago with older runtime.

captain_paranoia

Just to clarify for the couple of people who are struggling to install this plugin (me included..)

It DOES NOT install via the Preferences/Plugins/Add Plugin dialogue.
(that was my problem: installing on a new PC, and over-familiarity of that dialogue, and not RTFM...)

RTFM on the first page:
1. Unzip HDCD.zip to put HDCD.dll into the Plugins folder
2. Go to Preferences/Player
3. Press the 'Equaliser & DSP' button
4. Tick the 'HDCD Decoder' in the 'DSP Plugins' section of the dialogue

HDCD tracks will now trigger the HDCD plugin to expand to 20bits

djony

Still can't work and I have tried manually put the dll into the plugins directory. From edit preferences and then plugins, this plugin will not show unless the dll name is renamed to mb_hdcd.dll and the status is disabled because it can't be initialized

Steven

• Administrator
put hdcd.dll in the plugins folder
on starting MB, tick HDCD in the equaliser & dsp dialog to activate it

iandrew

The HDCD indication is not available when the wave bar option is used for the progress bar. Hope this can be fixed!

jimmanningjr

Good Morning Steven,
I have been using  MusicBee for over a decade now. I was one of the people who requested this HDCD plug in.
Every system I've had I have installed MusicBee and this plug in. Took some work but I always got this plug in to work.
UNTIL NOW! I have followed this forum and followed all advice concerning installing and using MusicBee and this HDCD plug in.
I have a brand new TrigKey S3 14gigs ram 500gigs storage with Windows 11 pro.....
Any suggestions?
The first time I had this problem ..I downloaded a Patched version of MB, and that did the trick...
Perhaps a similar fix is required

sveakul

The first time I had this problem ..I downloaded a Patched version of MB, and that did the trick...
You didn't say what version of MB you are using.  The 3.5 RC3 full versions are available here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=36464.msg208192#msg208192

There are patched versions of MusicBee uploaded about weekly: https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip

If you have the "Store" version of MusicBee it cannot be patched.

phred

• Global Moderator
Adding to sveakul's comment... any new features, bug fixes, and changes in one patch are included in new patches and full version releases.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

jimmanningjr

You didn't say what version of MB you are using.  The 3.5 RC3 full versions are available here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=36464.msg208192#msg208192

There are patched versions of MusicBee uploaded about weekly: https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip

If you have the "Store" version of MusicBee it cannot be patched.
I have been running the 3.5 version of Music bee...also the above patch did not do the trick this time.