Author Topic: last fm playcount sync  (Read 14226 times)

Iasc

hi, does anyone have any suggestions as to why syncing play count from last fm doesn't always work properly for me, it syncs some tracks but not others, or if a track has been played 10 times in my last fm account it might only show up a played twice in music bee play count after syncing. all track name , artist and albums names are correct. thanks in advance.

Steven

• Administrator
this has been reported a few times before and each time i investgated it was either because when you scrobble the track to last.fm, it remaps the artist to a standardised artist so MB cant match the artist when synching the play counts.

Iasc

i have seen a few posts about this when i searched for it and i have Spelling Correction,Correct artist and track names on last fm settings disabled, i thought that was the problem, but i must be wrong. thanks for the reply steven.

juiceautomatica

Apologies for the duplicate post if anyone is checking multiple threads on this topic, but ...

For whatever it's worth, I came to this forum looking for a solution to the same problem. I have a single Last.fm account, and realized recently that MB wasn't syncing all of my plays. I tested out the similar script in Media Monkey, with much better results. Music Bee tells me out of 6155 tracks, I have 9 tracks that have been played 4 times. Media Monkey tells me I have 83 tracks that have been played 4 times. It would bump Music Bee from 95% satisfaction to 100% satisfaction if this function could be improved.

Steven

• Administrator
could you zip your library cache file (MusicBeeLibrary.mbl), upload it somewhere and PM me the link along with your last.fm account id.

juiceautomatica

after some private message exchanges, it appears the play count sync file must have been corrupt on my pc. if you care to test my solution, search for the file LastFmPlayCountCache4.dat on your machine and delete it. the file should be located in the music bee subfolder of %appdata%. then open music bee and run the lastfm sync routine again.

it also appears that the music bee routine may be better than media monkey, particularly for tracks with multiple versions on different albums. while verifying my results, media monkey seems to be over-reporting play counts for some of my tracks. i'm not sure that either is doing a 100% perfect play count sync, but since i generally like music bee much better i know my choice.

Longshot9

I was just going to come here and ask this myself.  I just downloaded MusicBee based on a recommendation from someone on a Microsoft Community forum re: Windows Phone 8 syncing.  So here I am, looking for a decent syncing solution for WP8.  So far, I am LOVING this program... it's doing everything I want and more (syncing playcounts from last.fm... brilliant... it didn't work for shit in MediaMonkey so I'm ecstatic it does in MB for the most part). 

Anyways, out of my ~5000 songs in my library, it pulled play counts for probably 97% of them from last.fm... awesome... however, some of the ones it isn't seeing the plays I can't figure out why.  Some of them I can clearly see last.fm changing the title of the song... for example I had a tag in a song, it was a cover tune so the title of the track was "God Of Thunder (Kiss)".  When I played it, Last.fm showed the title as "God Of Thunder".  So I changed the title in my file, and it updated the play counts on next sync.  Some of them though, I can't find any differences at all.  Is there any way to tell WHAT last.fm doesn't like about the tags I have in some songs to where it's not seeing a match?

Thanks!!

Iasc

ok, i have 108431 plays on last fm, music bee showed 45300 plays after syncing. i did what juiceautomatica suggested and my play count in music bee is now 84030, so that's a big improvement. thanks for the tip.

Steven

• Administrator
actually i can see a flaw in the synching caching logic, so the cached history file will start losing some data over time.
I will try and fix that

no its fine as is
Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 08:04:17 PM by Steven

Iasc

actually i can see a flaw in the synching caching logic, so the cached history file will start losing some data over time.
I will try and fix that

no its fine as is

not a problem, if needs be i can repeat the process again at a later date to update play counts.

timelezz

after some private message exchanges, it appears the play count sync file must have been corrupt on my pc. if you care to test my solution, search for the file LastFmPlayCountCache4.dat on your machine and delete it. the file should be located in the music bee subfolder of %appdata%. then open music bee and run the lastfm sync routine again.

it also appears that the music bee routine may be better than media monkey, particularly for tracks with multiple versions on different albums. while verifying my results, media monkey seems to be over-reporting play counts for some of my tracks. i'm not sure that either is doing a 100% perfect play count sync, but since i generally like music bee much better i know my choice.

Thank you. It did not sync for me as well. So deleted the file LastFmPlayCountCache4.dat was found in %appdata%/Musicbee/InternalCache/

Then the sync routine started. But after a while prompted with an error.

Unable to complete the play count synchronisation:
  The external server replied with an error: (503) Server not available.

Play count synchronisation has completed - No tracks updated.

What to do?

timelezz

I tried again, and now received:

Unable to complete the play count synchronisation:
   Last.fm has refused acces to data from your account - check your last.fm library settings to ensure you have not made data private.

I checked my settings at http://www.last.fm/settings/inboxoptions but all was set for the lowest privacy.

What could work?