Author Topic: Layout options and last.fm loved tracks  (Read 9748 times)

ionut

1. Add a top pane option for the player controls.

2. Combine all the panels for "track information". Show the artwork as a background image and display some track information and the lyrics.

3. Option to show track information in the left sidebar.

4. Import the loved tracks from last.fm (maybe as a live playlist) and add an option to "love" tracks.

5. better shuffling feature that lets you define multiple rules (maybe combining it with Auto DJ for a smooth transition)

Steven

• Administrator
2. Combine all the panels for "track information". Show the artwork as a background image and display some track information and the lyrics.
just in case you werent aware (i think you want more than what is already supported anyway), you can double click on the Track Information header or choose Show All Panels from the drop-down, and all panels will show
5. better shuffling feature that lets you define multiple rules (maybe combining it with Auto DJ for a smooth transition)
again just in case you werent already aware, you have a variety of shuffling options by clicking the drop-down button inside the shuffle button

Steven

• Administrator
4. Import the loved tracks from last.fm (maybe as a live playlist) and add an option to "love" tracks.
thats now included in the last 1.2 beta, but in a more restricted way where you can import the loved tracks into a static playlist from the List menu

john6555

Steven --

Have you had any further thoughts on implementing the option to Love or Ban tracks playing in MusicBee?
Otherwise I'm not sure if it is possible to integrate MusicBee with Last.fm's Scrobbler software?
(http://www.last.fm/download)

ionut

Here's an interesting feature that will improve the way you search your music library and help you create better playlists:

6. import Last.fm tags (maybe as an option in "Auto-tag by track")

This way, you'll be able to search for "covers" and get cool results like the ones available here: http://www.last.fm/tag/covers

Steven

• Administrator
Have you had any further thoughts on implementing the option to Love or Ban tracks playing in MusicBee?
i can easily add just right click, love/ban action and show as a column in the main panel but i was thinking of doing more than that. Unfortunately i spend a lot of my free time researching bugs or issues people raise so cant get as much done as i want but i will look at this

Steven

• Administrator
6. import Last.fm tags (maybe as an option in "Auto-tag by track")
thats an interesting idea for the auto-dj and i will look to include. You can already import the last.fm tags in the tags(2) panel of the tag editor and filter using the 'Keywords' tag but of course its much better if the auto-dj just does it automatically

ionut

It would be nice to import Last.fm tags for all the songs, so you can use them in different places: search box, creating a new playlist, finding similar songs, exploring your music library (tag cloud).

john6555

It would be nice to import Last.fm tags for all the songs, so you can use them in different places: search box, creating a new playlist, finding similar songs, exploring your music library (tag cloud).
I second that idea -- it would be definitely nice to be able to import Last.fm keywords on all tracks (or selected tracks) at once. Where are these keywords saved in the ID3 tag?

Quote from: steven
i can easily add just right click, love/ban action and show as a column in the main panel but i was thinking of doing more than that. Unfortunately i spend a lot of my free time researching bugs or issues people raise so cant get as much done as i want but i will look at this
any sort of integration would be awesome, right now you would have to open up last.fm in a browser and click love/ban on the website. it would be really slick is to integrate love and ban buttons near the players control panel - such as on either side of where the star ratings currently show up; or even as a drop-down menu from the last.fm button... (you could even assign hotkeys to those functions, so you could love/ban tracks while you're doing something else!)

Steven

• Administrator
i've added a new command for AutoTag by Track> Update "Keywords" with Last.fm Tag Cloud for the next update
you can build smart-playlists or auto-dj custom filter using the Keywords tag a filter or search any usual way (Keywords is already supported anyway)
I think its a great feature to have this type of filtering in playlists but its one of those things that will be buried in the functionality unless you know its there, so I'll try and think of a way to make it more obvious.

john6555, "love" support is also now included (infact its in the latest update link but not fully tested) - you can include in smart playlists or auto-dj filters as any tag. It can be displayed using the "Love" tag as a column. Loving a track can only be acheived with right click> Rating> Love or assigning a hotkey. The last.fm api doesnt support "un-loving" a track.

edit:
if you want to try out either of the above:
http://www.mediafire.com/?qyuydjo24h3

The first time you log onto last.fm, it will automatically sync the loved tracks but you can do so manually using Tools> Tagging Tools> Sync Last.fm Loved Tracks
Note also that tracks can only be matched on name and track title, so if they arent spelt the same between MusicBee and last.fm they wont synch
Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 02:50:40 PM by Steven

john6555

Very cool Steven, love the progress you're making! I think new users might miss the "love" option too... maybe if you integrate it somehow a little more up front, it will get more notice. Here's a pic of the rough idea that I had of a button to display/choose loved tracks...

PS. i used the heart icons from last.fm's sprite here: http://cdn.last.fm/flatness/sprites/5/icons.png

john6555

Seems to be an issue with symbols and international letters when 'loving' a track - I am getting a 403 error pop-up. It works fine of standard alphabetical tracks.

Steven

• Administrator
the latest 1.2 beta should fix the handling for non-ascii chars

i've also included a preference to show the last.fm love button on the player control panel set in the Layout preferences (or right click on the panel and you will see a command to show it)
Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 10:22:11 PM by Steven

chorpo

It's amazing. No more last.fm client to make songs loved... I have now only MusicBee and Mp3Tag (used very irregular)

thanx steven for another great feature