Author Topic: Playlists and hotkeys  (Read 2646 times)

infogulch

Hi! I just started using MusicBee and love it so far! Lots and lots of awesome features :3
Just messing around I found a couple things I would like to see added to the beta:

Some hotkeys:
  • hotkey to show "now playing notification" manually
  • hotkeys to increment/decrement the current/selected track(s) by .5/1 star
  • hotkey to edit selected playlist name (or change new hotkey from "Amend Clicked Column" to "Amend Selected Item" that would include playlists)
About track information:
  • Track Information dialog includes current rating.
  • Show "now playing notification" when currrenty playing track changes (e.g. changing the rating with a global hotkey)
Minor usability features:
  • New Auto-Playlist's default name is the value of the first condition (but keep current "Playlist[ (x)]" name if the value doesn't apply)
  • After creating a new Auto-Playlist it automatically starts editing the playlist name
  • Allow /?*"\ characters in playlist names
Big Request:
Current playlist "Folders" are more like playlist groups than folders. What I would like for folders is that the folder itself is a playlist that includes all the songs from all the playlists it contains. (iTunes, for example, treats playlist folders like this) This would be really useful to me because of the way I organize my playlists.

:)

Steven

• Administrator
the following have been included in the latest 1.2 beta:

Some hotkeys:
  • hotkey to show "now playing notification" manually
  • hotkeys to increment/decrement the current/selected track(s) by .5/1 star
Big Request:
Current playlist "Folders" are more like playlist groups than folders. What I would like for folders is that the folder itself is a playlist that includes all the songs from all the playlists it contains. (iTunes, for example, treats playlist folders like this) This would be really useful to me because of the way I organize my playlists.