Author Topic: LOCKED TABS - new behavior  (Read 9722 times)

Steven

• Administrator
i have changed it so an existing Now Playing list tab will be re-used and if none, a new tab opened

Could this be made an optional setting please?

In the latest beta, when I double-click on a song that isn't in my library, MusicBee opens, then opens a new tab and plays the song. If MusicBee is already open, if I double-click on a song that isn't in my library, it opens a new tab and then plays it.

I prefer the old behaviour of it not opening a new tab, so it just plays the song. I don't use tabs at all, so I'd rather it not do this. If you can add a setting to toggle it on/off, cool.
i want to avoid adding options as much as possible to reduce the complexity.
What i have done to try and get a compromise is:
- if there is a tab open with the Now Playing list MB will use that tab (that is already the case with the recent behavior)
- otherwise, if the current tab is locked then a new tab is opened with the Now Playing list
- otherwise, it will navigate to the Now Playing list in the current tab (that was the old behavior) - you can click the back button to get back to where it was before

Sigma

Has that been implemented in a build that's available on here, or is it for a future build?

Steven

• Administrator

Sigma

i will post a link later today or tomorrow

Thanks, Steven.

BTW, when you mentioned complexity in the post above, are you talking about from a programming point of view, or a user experience point of view? If it's the latter, and speaking for myself of course, I prefer to have options even if it means extra settings in the menus. Not being able to set things up just how I wanted is why I jumped ship from Winamp to MediaMonkey and then from MediaMonkey to MusicBee.

It sounds like your compromise should work just fine in this case though!

windhero

+1 for request 2 from me too! Would be great to have a similar behaviour to the one you can have in Firefox with app tabs.