Author Topic: Better Album Rating Sorting  (Read 4102 times)

Underneath

At the moment the album rating field is filled with stars, that looks kinda unnecessary. I would suggest that when album artwork view is enabled like in this screen, with a click on "artwork" field MB sorts the albums without using the album rating field. Maybe there's a better way so it fits with other views, too.

Steven

• Administrator
you dont need to display Album Rating in the columns in order to sort with it.
Right click on the column header bar/ Sort By/ Define Custom Sorting and create a sorting set that includes Album Rating
then just choose that sorting crtieria

Underneath

I tried this now, after applying and saving add "album rating" as third choice this happened...  :-\

Steven

• Administrator

Underneath

I think you misunderstood me. My column layout already looks this way:

The reason why I ask for a function that sorts albums by its rating is that the column field doesn't calculate correctly.

Example: album #1 has 36 stars / 11 songs = 3,27 stars per song, but album #2 has 30 stars / 9 songs = 3,3 stars per song,. The arrow of the album rating field in column is down. If you could make the album calculation more exact I would be happy. It's one thing I really miss since moving from MM to MB. On the other hand the first screen I did post in this thread, the calculation there works fine, but the layout, as stated, is annoying.

Steven

• Administrator
what i was suggesting has nothing to do with the track browser columns.
Did you right click on the column header of the main panel fields (and not the track browser) ? you should be able to achieve sorting by Album Rating without having to display that field in the main panel if you follow the instructions i gave before.

For the track browser itself, as to why Album Rating is not calculating correctly there i will investigate and look to fix that

Underneath

Thank you! I tried to find out what you meant and it works . Then I have only one last question: When I click on "artwork" in the main panel, the costume defined sorting lose its focus and sorts everything as album artist instead of the defined additional album rating. Is that intentional?

Steven

• Administrator
yes it is a quick way to sort by album artist/album

Steven

• Administrator
jsut regarding the album rating not showing correctly in the track browser - in terms of the example calculation you gave, you need to keep in mind whether you have set 0 rated tracks to be included. The auto-calcuated album rating has been quite extensively tested so i would be really surprised if it was being done incorrectly. For the track browser the displayed stars for filtering are not quite consistent with the displayed stars in the main panel and that has been fixed now for the next update (wasnt in the latest one just released)
Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 06:49:15 PM by Steven