Author Topic: Lost my library...  (Read 11220 times)

redwing

And can you show the auto-organization settings too?

redwing

I moved my music library from one folder to another, and then thought better of it, and moved it all back. I opened music bee, and it asked me to locate my library file, which I did.

From which folder to which folder did you move? Also where is your library folder?

euanek

moved both the Music Library and MusicBee settings/library folder from K:\Lenovo T420\Music to  K:\Lenovo T420\IDrive-Sync_steveeldonkerr\Music

moved them back, meaning that now music library is:
K:\Lenovo T420\Music\Music Library

and musicbee settings/library folder is:

K:\Lenovo T420\Music\MusicBee

euanek

I missed your reply #14, but yeah that is the problem in a nutshell.

redwing

Try moving your music files folder to anther place with MB closed and then run MB to see if dead links stay.

euanek

Didn't work, got the same error
 Tried remapping folders afterwards and it said remapping complete but nothing changed. Tried putting files back in original place and repeating, but no difference.

redwing

Can you try it again with auto-organization option disabled?

euanek

yep, same error message saying dead links removed.

i tried to remap folders, the first time i get the error message below. If i close and re-open music bee it allows me to remap, but again, doesn't actually change anthing, it just says "remap complete"

MusicBee v3.0.5995.40050 (Win6.1), 21 Jun 2016 15:52:

System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.
   at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)
   at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString)
   at #=qQce3CvCWHPqSOQnX3PL8RzF0zMichbJS0QPNp1ecLR0Sddz2VZg0D2qA4VCqwAJc..ctor()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.MainMenu.#=qRtWEdqe$wm1B96$DAHHMeJ$ajLal5_YB$guyhtJO6zo=(Object #=q$pT9ugM$JarRIwPQaFeU1Q==, EventArgs #=qdjAGRgNuykZe8nBxToZIxg==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

euanek

weirdly, if i put the music files back in their original location, i can play them from the "now playing" selector in the left window of musibee, but playing them doesnt add them back to the library

redwing

Ask Steven what that error message means.

As for what happened, my guess is when you moved the folders back to the original location your sync app didn't release the folders for some reason, so MB couldn't locate both your library folder and music files. Hence it asked you to select a library, but probably it took it as a different one. The same thing must have happened to music files as well: MB doesn't think they are the same as existing ones in your library.

euanek

damn, that sucks. thanks so much for your efforts tho!