Author Topic: Mood functionality like Musicovery/Mood database  (Read 7535 times)

sauronnikko

Hi. I was wondering if it's possible to have some kind of mood functionality. I was thinking something like Musicovery, though I realize implementing the mood-pad would be troublesome. In any case, perhaps there's something that can be done. I don't know if this is really Musicbee related, but it would be interesting to know if there's a mood database which can be used to set the mood tag to my library songs. I'm sorry if what I wrote is all over the place. Thanks!

Steven

• Administrator
not so scientific, but you can use the last.fm tag cloud auto-tagger
right click/ Auto-Tag by Track/ Update Tags using Last.fm Tag Cloud
and choose the mood tag only
That way you can filter and search on specific mood tags

e-motiv

Is this gone now?
What about Musicovery, ever gonna happen?
  Developing @ e-motiv.net       --       Musicbee plugins: Speak Back - Ghost Tracks - Radio Dig

phred

• Global Moderator
Is this gone now?
More than likely it's gone. Last.fm made some changes to their API which (I believe) limits the number of calls made, so Steven removed all last.fm connections other than scrobbling.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

e-motiv

Thanks for the info
Maybe I'll make an addon once to integrate musicovery since I guess that has had no follow up either..
  Developing @ e-motiv.net       --       Musicbee plugins: Speak Back - Ghost Tracks - Radio Dig

Tybot

The GMT Manager plugin also supports mood and occasion tagging based on the information available in the AllMusic database:

https://getmusicbee.com/addons/plugins/81/gmt-manager/

e-motiv

Thank you!!  :-* Gonna give it a go.

e-motiv

Very disappointed in the end. The moods and genres are really basic and often wrong. The interface is terrible.
Ah well..
Thanks anyway.

Tybot

Very disappointed in the end. The moods and genres are really basic and often wrong. The interface is terrible.
Ah well..
Thanks anyway.

Yeah, it kind of is what it is. Good news is that Musicovery already has an API (I'm still waiting for Rateyourmusic to get their shit together) so if you have the know how you should definitely create a plugin that supports tagging via musicbee using their database. I would absolutely use it and leave Allmusic behind me once and for all.