Author Topic: GoogleMusic Synchronization  (Read 10212 times)

Alexis

Is it possible to have musicbee establish some  kind of relationship with  Googlemusic.... to where ratings, playcounts, album art etc can be synched both ways. 
I wondered if this is already the case if the music is synched with  the one of two main musicplayers that Google has listed as an option during setup...if so, is i there a way to get Musicbee on that list (I currently have to synchronize from 'other' folder)  ?   I surely hope there are possibilities.

Rationale:
I believe that GoogleMusic has come a long way and it really offers a great way to play your music on portable devices... but also to back them up online.

I have no intention of playing  my cloud music on my desktop..  this is one of the MANY reasons I have MusicBee.  But I do believe such services that  GoogleMusic is offering WILL dominate and portable device apps and the requirement for one to store music on their cell phone/tablets will be phased out.   As it stands, Googlemusic app is gaining major traction.  We already have the android remote in progress and I suspect that may be all we may need app-wise.   

They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Steven

• Administrator
i very much doubt google would have any interest in including musicbee
but in general i agree MB should provide synching functionality to cloud based storage and there is at least an unofficial API for this service which i would need to investigate before saying it could be supported
its something i would look at for the next major version of MB

Some people in the past have suggested MB provide functionality to play from services like spotify and grooveshark rather than using the players provided. I havent made up my mind about that.

Alexis

Thank you Steven.  Looking forward to what you come up with.

Regarding  including MusicBee...I really did not know it would be a function  from Google's side in a sense.. I just  assumed somehow it was a way of having it integrated by some local function (Showing my ignorance)

On the other hand.... never know if Google may be interested :).

Alexis

I Should  indicate clearly that  one of the  other reasons for  the desired synchronization, is to  bring down the playlists created in Google music... I personally have  fantastic playlists there that i would like to  have going between devices.

peterchen

oh yeah..

google music is by far the BEST cloudservice for music (and i've tested them all^^).

:))) im looking forward to sync between MB & Google Music Syncs <3

ottomatic

I'm happy with just having Google Music work in my web shortcuts on music bee. I just wish I was able to directly upload music to the google music manager with a context menu. Also, It would be nice to have plug in support for the browser so I could add last.fm support to the site...

Regardless, I love MusicBee, and just being able to pull up last.fm and Google Music in the media player is freakin' Awesome.

Steven

• Administrator
i do want to look at this request at some point but right now Google Music is a US only service.
However i do have a question - does Google Music make use of Google Drive ie. can you set it up so all the music files appear on the google drive service? If yes, then i can probably do something around synching files

Alexis

Sadly Steven, no.  Not linked to Google drive  as far as I am aware of.

Thorbjorn

You just need to use a .us VPN once to enable Google Music on your account. You can then use it freely whenever you want no matter where you are (can not buy music though). I used the TOR browser to enable it. It's a really good service for playing music on my phone, but will not replace local files.

Steven

• Administrator
yes i cant see the benefit musicbee can add to this over and above just providing synching capability to/from your google music account

Alexis

The Playlist for me is the BIG thing.  I would just like those  to follow me on desktop as well as mobile.

ddelella

The unofficial API is being updated daily still so I think it is a road that they should definitely keep an eye on.  Being able to play music from Google Play directly in Music Bee would be nice.  I like Music Bee's organization and ID3 capabilities but the need to store music in the cloud is fantastic.

windhero

This might not be the most appropriate place to post my question but I was wondering if anybody else has stumbled across the issue of plalyst syncing from MB to Google Play Music.
I started using GPM today and thought it has a number of features I like but one, very important thing is missing: my MB playlists are not being synced to GPM even though I have them stored in a subfolder in the Music folder (which I told GPM to constantly check for new tracks).
I couldn't drop MB as it has all the features I need and have come to love (and which GPM doesn't have) but I am also intrigued by the possibility of streaming music to my Android device without having to store it locally on the device (USB syncing, etc.).

So long story short: does anyone know a way to import MB playlists into GPM? I spent hours googling for a solution but couldn't find anything useful...