Author Topic: Last.fm playing track data  (Read 36444 times)

Thorbjorn

lnmente: Yes it would be better to have as a local plugin (especially as the free server I use can be slow sometimes), but I have no experience in creating anything like that. I had a look into it, but didn't understand much. Could possibly work my way through it with some time. Would you be willing to release the source of your last.fm plugins Steven? It's hard to understand how to work with the API without any examples to imitate.

+1 to improving the artist filtering method.

Thorbjorn

I didn't like how slow the tracks were being shown so I tested a bit, and it seems the spotify search is slowing it down. I uploaded a new version where the spotify link and last.fm link is removed by default. They can be shown by adding:
&last=1
&spot=1
to the url. The last.fm icon doesn't slow anything down, but the spotify does, for now at least.
The free host I'm using is still slow at times, but the page should load much faster now without spotify.

Eighty

I don't understand how to use this.
To use it just paste this link into the displayed tabs:
http://lastfm.host-ed.me/?&artist=<Artist>&track=<Title>
What is a "displayed tab"? If I just click the main window, press Ctrl+T, and paste the above url into the address bar, I always get the same page, for the artist "<Artist>", not the artist currently playing.

Thorbjorn

You need to have the "track & artist information" panel which updates based on the current playing track. If you don't have it you can add it by going to Preferences->Layout->Tick "Show track & artist information" and choose if you want to show it in a tab or on the bottom (as in my screenshots).

You then right-click the header of this panel and choose "Customize Panel Settings". Press "Displayed Tabs" and add the url there and give it a name.

Eighty

Thanks. This is really cool! I have a pretty comprehensive music collection, so this tool allows me to list related artists and immediately listen to them, instead of having to search and browse for them.

Alainn

I'm making a version of this in PHP5 on a local WAMP-server and it's coming along great :) I just shouldn't use something like urlencode($artist) since that's far too drastic :(

Would it be better to create a new thread with a tutorial on how to set this up in the How-To's or can I post here?

Thorbjorn

I have no preference. You may post here if you prefer that. I'm not working on this any more as it's mostly replaced by Steven's native plugin: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=7484.0

I can upload my php source somewhere if you want to look at it?

Alainn

That would be great, thanks. My code is a bit ugly since I haven't coded since PHP4.