Author Topic: Last.fm Playlist Generator  (Read 71242 times)

Steven

• Administrator
This plugin enables various types of playlists to be created based on information from last.fm - some of the functions are based on data from your last.fm account, and need to have logged in to last.fm at least once with MusicBee but you dont need to be logged in at the time of using this functionality. You do not need a last.fm account to use the "Artist" and the "Similar Artist" functions.
- Library Top Tracks
    - the most played tracks (according to your last.fm library) over a period of time that are in your library:
      Overall, Last year, Last 6 months, Last 3 months, Last week
- Loved tracks
- Last.fm playlist (ie. a playlist that has been saved on last.fm)
- Genre 'xxx' Top Tracks - the most played tracks (all users of last.fm) for a genre - the available tags are the top 20 genre tags from your library, plus 5 custom ones you can enter yourself
- Artist 'xxxx' Top Tracks
    - for the selected artist, the most played tracks (all users of last.fm) that are in your library
- Similar Artist 'xxxx' Top Tracks
    - for the selected artist, the most played tracks (all users of last.fm) for that artist or any similar artists

Usage
right click in the main panel/ Last.fm Playlist/ ...
  - Save Tracks To -> you can save to a New Playlist (default)/ Now Playing List/ or choose an existing playlist
  - select one of the above commands

if you dont see "Last.fm Playlist" at the bottom of the context menu, it means the plugin is not enabled in Preferences/ Plugins

Installation
- unzip the plugin: https://getmusicbee.com/download/plugins/mb_LastFmPlaylistPlugin.zip
- copy the files to the Plugins sub-folder of MusicBee
Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 02:28:12 AM by Steven

Thorbjorn

Ok, this is amazing Steven! Great work.
It doesn't update itself right? I have to make a new playlist to e.g. get the last weeks top played songs

beeing good

This is very cool Steven, thanks for this!

Alexis

This is really pretty cool work, even as far as I have gotten, but may i ask for some clarification...  

Is this confined to the songs in my library (I think you have indicated such, but seeking confirmation)?  
Eg, if i have two KT Tunstall songs in my library and I  select top tracks by KT Tunstall... It populates the playlist with songs from  my library, so the most  the result could be is said two tracks?

The fact that you said that one does not always need to be logged into Last.fm after the initial login, further indicates that this is the case.  Correct?

They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Steven

• Administrator
yes only local files - you cant choose specific tracks and stream them from last.fm
also its only when a match can be made - sometimes last.fm stores a different variation to the tags you use and so MB can't make a match

dual-o

Thanks for this great Plugin! Its the only feature I miss since change from mediamonkey. I'll test it this afternoon.

big THX
by a big fan from germany!

Alexis

Thank you for the confirmation/clarification Steven... Very thankful.
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

richardap1

Awesome, as always. But would it be possible to enable it for artwork view too?

Steven

• Administrator
yes thats been included for the next update

beeing good

When we send these lists to a playlist what order is it being shown in? The songs don't seem to be shown by playcount order for the most played tracks (according to my last.fm library).

Steven

• Administrator
the artist ones are sorted on playcounts of all last.fm users
the Top Library Tracks ones are sorted on playcount in your last.fm library

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

beeing good

the Top Library Tracks ones are sorted on playcount in your last.fm library

I have my playcount synced to my lastfm playcount but it isn't sorted by playcount:

http://i.imgur.com/zxu9D.jpg

Steven

• Administrator
maybe display in track details view and make sure the playlist is displayed unsorted (Sort By/ Playlist order)
checking the code and its definitely generating the playlist with tracks in the order that last.fm is ranking them - if you are still convinced its wrong then PM me your last.fm user id so i can check the query results myself