Author Topic: Mellow Blue skin  (Read 21438 times)

Thorbjorn

I have updated this skin quite a bit. Tried to fix it for different configurations also, but just shout out if you find something that looks wrong.

Dropbox
Mediafire
(Last update: 22-09-2012)

Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 04:34:39 PM by Thorbjorn

Thorbjorn

I have a question also. Anyone know if it is possible to change the color of just the "selected / playing track"? It seems like it is connected to the artist info panel at the bottom.

Greb

Lovely!!

And it's very difficult to make a skin that looks that clear (in the sense of clear colour tone) but at the same time it's very, well... clear (in the sense of readable).

BTW, as long as I know, there's no way to change the colour of the selected/playing track.

SimonBRT

I have a question also. Anyone know if it is possible to change the color of just the "selected / playing track"? It seems like it is connected to the artist info panel at the bottom.

i've not gone and checked but try this
<element id="Panel.TabSelector.Default"

i added a gradient to the selected/playing track bar in my skin and from memory i think it was this element.

Steven

• Administrator
you have acheived a really good and unique effect with this. One thing which i think would be better is of the scroll bar panels (not the bars themselves) could be narrowed - do you agree with that? You cant achieve that at the moment but in the next few weeks i would like to look at implementing something for that.
One small issue, when the tabs are docked in the main panel, the inactive tabs no longer show the text in the tab

beeing good

Really nice skin, probably one of the best light ones I've seen. I love how the menu button blends in with the tab bar.

Thorbjorn

SimonBRT: Yes that one sets the color for the "Selected/playing track", but it also sets the color for the tabs in the bottom area and the library explorer, which is my problem. I can only really get one of them to look good, which is why I chose to not use tabs in the bottom.

Steven: Yes I agree, thinner scroll panels would be nice. It would also be good to hide the scroll bars when they are not needed. It already is in the left panel and some other places now, so you probably have a good reason for why they are not hided some places.
I fixed the issue with tabs not in the titlebar.

being good: Thanks. I set up the skin with variables so I may try a dark version too. Shouldn't take long at all if I just find some colors I like. I'm going on vacation in a few days though so will have to be when I get back.

Anyone know how to change the highlight color on the A-Z bar?

Thorbjorn

Figured that last one out myself :)
Menu.CommandButton.Selected was the answer.

jistme

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=6811.msg39295#msg39295 ?

One thing which i think would be better is of the scroll bar panels (not the bars themselves) could be narrowed - do you agree with that? You cant achieve that at the moment but in the next few weeks i would like to look at implementing something for that.

VX

It's hard to believe that this is your first skin. It looks really pleasant, the colour selection is perfect for me.
Definitely, that's one of the best light skin for MB 2.0. Thanks for sharing  :)

lnminente

Hi Thorbjorn! I like what you have done unifying tabs and player on top. Do you remember how you changed the line between the tabs and the player controls? I'm trying for a while but i don't find it. TIA!

Thorbjorn

Hi Thorbjorn! I like what you have done unifying tabs and player on top. Do you remember how you changed the line between the tabs and the player controls? I'm trying for a while but i don't find it. TIA!

That line comes from the titlebar, as the tabs are not docked at the bottom of it. So you just need to change the color of the bottom pixel in the titlebar bitmap.

lnminente

Ups, i don't want to skin borders, it stays more compatible with aero this way. I will ask Steven about margins. Thanks!

Steven

• Administrator
i've added the width adjustment element. Unfortunately i wasnt able to implement this the way i had wanted, so all that it allows is a 1px margin which i think still helps
  <element id="ScrollbarWidthAdj">1</element>

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

Thorbjorn

I have updated this skin quite a bit. Tried to fix it for different configurations also, but just shout out if you find something that looks wrong.

Download here