Author Topic: Jistme the NightBee skin  (Read 56639 times)

jistme

The dark alter ego of Jistme the Bee:

(nice for late at night, and plasma/lcd tv's)

download Jistme the NightBee v3.x

And here is an old version for MusicBee v2.x:
download Jistme the NightBee v2.x
Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 06:06:04 PM by phred

beeing good

Very nice indeed, I was looking forward to your dark version!

The green highlight in the menus in a bit bright though, it's hard to read the text you have selected.

Edit: when you have tabs in the caption bar there is a white outline around each one, it's quite striking and not very nice compared to the rest of the skin, if they could look the same as the ones in your screenshot it would be perfect.
Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 10:57:41 PM by beeing good

jistme

If bright green appears anywhere, it is because in my setup/settings it doesn't show, but I suspect somewhere else it might.
Could you post a screenshots of that?

I will correct the tabs colors when shown in the caption bar.

The green highlight in the menus in a bit bright though, it's hard to read the text you have selected.

Edit: when you have tabs in the caption bar there is a white outline around each one, it's quite striking and not very nice compared to the rest of the skin, if they could look the same as the ones in your screenshot it would be perfect.

beeing good

I remember you saying something about that in the other thread but it's not such a harsh contrast in your other orange skin. Here's a screenshot, you can see the tab issue and the green - http://i.imgur.com/4aPpU.jpg

jistme

I fixed the tabs, but I can't find how to fix 'your' green in the drop down menu's.
In my setup it's a kind of blue, and it's a value I searched for to change before, but I haven't been successful to find it, so my other skins will probably suffer the same problem...

(you and me left vs. right)

Hopefully some other skinner can help me with this?

Here's a screenshot, you can see the tab issue and the green - http://i.imgur.com/4aPpU.jpg

beeing good

That's pretty weird  ???
What version of MB do you use? I'm using the latest beta, I wonder if that is the reason we have different looking skins? I just noticed the menu button is different as well.

jistme

I changed the menu button together with the tabs. Just download again...

I suspect somehow in my system the concerning drop down menu element in the skin is overruled by something else. I just don't have a clue by what.

beeing good

Oh well. The tabs and menu button look much better now, thanks!

jistme

Found it.

I have my Windows 7 in 'Windows Classic' theme. (don't like The Teletubbies, and that irritating Cleartype gives me headaches)
When I change the theme to anything but the classic view, I have the same colors as you.

The NightBee skin is now fixed and uploaded with these adjustments.

In my xml there are still some "0,255,0"s left.
I can spot no green items anywhere though, but if anyone does, please report.

I fixed the tabs, but I can't find how to fix 'your' green in the drop down menu's.
In my setup it's a kind of blue, and it's a value I searched for to change before, but I haven't been successful to find it, so my other skins will probably suffer the same problem...

Hopefully some other skinner can help me with this?

beeing good

Thanks jistme, that's fixed it. Fantastic skin now!

jistme

Thnx beeing good, that makes two with an exquisite but little awkward taste ;-)

beeing good

I'm surprised more people haven't commented on this one to be honest, I think the colour scheme works really well.

VX

I'm surprised more people haven't commented on this one to be honest, I think the colour scheme works really well.

Indeed, the colour scheme looks great and presents quite unique concept for dark skins.

Well done, Jistme :) Your skins are getting better and better with every release 8)

Skins are becoming one of the greatest opportunities MB has to offer for its users.

beeing good

jistme, I've just noticed another little problem. Open up the auto album tagger, some of the fields like original filename can't be seen very easily.

jistme

Right!
"not very easily" is even an understatement...

I found that those filename colors are determined by: [id="Controls.InputControl.Disabled"]
This is an element for text and items you actually don't want/need to see clearly to show they're disabled, which is shared in some other settings panels.
Maybe Steven can change this sometime?

I think I found a good compromise anyway. I uploaded the updated version.
Let me know if this works o.k. for you too.

P.S.
While at it, the text color of the 'original titles' are determined by [id="Controls.InputControl.Modified"], which I think is also not quite appropriate.

jistme, I've just noticed another little problem. Open up the auto album tagger, some of the fields like original filename can't be seen very easily.
Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 10:05:46 AM by jistme