Author Topic: Creating Auto-Playlist using current song tags and 'similar to' current song  (Read 3927 times)

Greb

Sorry for starting another thread!  ;D

I just thought on it when I was creating a Auto Playlist.

Auto Playlist allows to create an list using tags. For example 'Genre=Soundtrack'.

I was thinking... how about defining AutoPlaylist using the tags in the song that is currently playing or even using the 'similar to' last.fm function.

For example, possible AutoPlaylists:

- Every song in the music library from this artist > Artist = Current Artist
- The album is playing right now > Album = Current Album
- Every song in the music library similar to the one is playing now > Artist = Similar to: Current Artist
- Similar songs to the one is playing now that have not been played in the last 6 months (for example) > Artist = Similar to: Current Artist AND Last Played = is not in the last 6 months
- Songs in the music library that were released the same year > Year = Current year
- Songs in the music library that were released the same year and belong to same genre > Year = Current year AND Genre = Current genre

It could have really a lot of possibilities...

richardap1

This was already added a few versions ago. It can take either the current playing artist or you can add your own.

Greb

This was already added a few versions ago. It can take either the current playing artist or you can add your own.

It only does 'Artist=Similart to: current playing artist', nothing more.

richardap1

Steven

• Administrator
i think greb is asking for the ability to filter the auto-playlist on a field where the value from the current playing track is used as the value for comparison purposes. So if the playing track had a genre of Rock then the filter would use Rock.
Although for the "similar to" functionality, i am not clear what functionality is being asked for beyond what Artist/ Similar To already does - it couldnt be implemented for any fields other than the already implemented one for Artist
Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 05:15:07 PM by Steven

Greb

Thanks, Steven.

With regard to how it can be used. Well, for example you can have a tab with every artist's song in the library automatically displayed, no need to search it:

Or you can have another tab that shows just the album is currently playing, even if you have a long playlist. For people who loves CD, as me, this is great, since you have the same feeling when you put the CD in the player and what you have in the player is just this CD  :)

jistme