Author Topic: Set MusicBee as default player  (Read 22728 times)

crittysc

I was wondering if there is a way to set MusicBee as the default music player.  I have windows 7 and right now it brings up iTunes when I click on a music file.  Is there a way to make it go straight into MusicBee? I went into default programs from the start menu but MusicBee is not in the list to make any defaults.  Thanks for any ideas.

birdman541

I think you can open Edit -Preference -General tab go down to file types tick whatever file types you want to use with MB, tick Enable Music Bee In windows Explorer and context Menus. Worked for me hope it works for you, or maybe someone else will know of another way.
 cheers

birdman541

Oh before doing above make sure you are running MB As administrator or you cannot set file types,

movebetter

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
right-click desktop icon
select 'Run as administrator'
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

movebetter

thanks i did that but still can't check the checkbox for enable MB in Windows explorer. i am using MB3 and WIN 7 pro. i am trying to make MB my default music player. thanks,

Alumni

Another way of doing it is by right clicking the music file in Windows, say "open with...", select MusicBee from the list or browse for it, then click the checkbox that says "always open with this application".