Author Topic: Jistme the Bee skin  (Read 47637 times)

jistme

Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 06:07:34 PM by phred

beeing good

I really like this one. However, I noticed that if you dock the player at the top of the window you lose all the colours you have set. This seems to be the same for your other skins as well.

Also, if you have tabs in the top bar they are pretty much the same colour whether they are selected or not so it is hard to see which one you are in. I love the yellow selected tab in your screenshot though.

jistme

I'm having some trouble getting everything working as expected.
I am probably doing something wrong with the xml files (not really my expertise).
(or my notepad++ is messing something up?

When I pick-up the courage again, I'll try to learn some more.
I will then probably be in need of some help from the likes of Lnminente, Rotem and other experts though.
(maybe one of those guys can already take a look at the xml's?)

Steven

• Administrator
i havent looked at the skin or its settings but it might be the PlayerTop override settings.  These are all set in the default skin as an example, starting from
  <element id="PlayerTop.Background" ...

jistme

I've been wondering about this 'playertop'.

What is it? Compact- or MiniPlayer docked to the top of screen? MusicBee always on front of others windows, even when inactive?
I couldn't find it...

Steven

• Administrator
in the Layout preferences/ player controls panel
it can be docked to the top (PlayerTop override colours apply for this) or bottom of the application (default)/ or right sidebar
also relevant is the: use "flat layout" setting which changes the standard display style for the player controls panel but i expect in this skin no setting overrides would be needed for that

jistme

Got it.

I also solved a problem with tabs in configuration panels and main panel 'edit tags' not showing the expected colors.
This proved to be because of a small error in the default.xml you posted last week.
(http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=6778.msg39045#msg39045)

The three entries for "id="Controls.TabHeader" were duplicated (I now removed lines 213-215)

@Lnminente, Rotem et al, no need to check my xml's for now, I think I now have all the info for the next steps.

jistme

I don't think I understand, the tab which is active is orange, the ones which are not are brown?

never mind, I get it now ;-)
I'll see if I can fix that.

Also, if you have tabs in the top bar they are pretty much the same colour whether they are selected or not so it is hard to see which one you are in. I love the yellow selected tab in your screenshot though.
Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 02:45:35 PM by jistme

jistme

Loads of fixes.

(see startpost for link)

Any suggestions or remarks are welcome.

beeing good

jistme

I just now posted the latest version which I believe has no more irregularities.

This is a request to 'powerusers' and 'skin-affinados' to test this skin out, especially with non-standard display settings.
If there are any irregularities or possible improvements left, I want to fix them so they won't show up again in other skins I might derrive from this one.

Thanks!

Fantastic, that's much better!

Steven

• Administrator
i also really like this skin
i only did a really quick test - this might be intentional but the album rating stars (Album & Tracks or Artwork layout), the lowlight star is blue which makes difficult to tell its not part of the rated value
one thing i did find slightly distracting is the Now Playing panel tabs is indented - suggest you try it with this element to see if it works better:
  <element id="NowPlayingTabsLeftFlush">true</element>

jistme

If red, blue, or green show up somewhere, it is because there were enties in my xml which I couldn't find out where they'd show up. So I used "255,0,0" "0,255,0" "0,0,255" to make it easier to find them back later.
Proves useful now, I myself see no blue stars, but I should be able to fix this now, I will also check your other suggestion.

jistme

Both fixed.

- the album rating stars (Album & Tracks or Artwork layout), the lowlight star is blue which makes difficult to tell its not part of the rated value
- the Now Playing panel tabs is indented - suggest you try it with this element to see if it works better:
  <element id="NowPlayingTabsLeftFlush">true</element>

jistme

One other thing I might wish for is to have the vertical panel scrollbars a little less wide.
Is there an element for that too?